My goodness, I don’t know where too start. Yesterday after the first day, I had so much energy it was insane. I loved it. I also found it necessary to keep moving so my muscles wouldn’t burn. Yes, they were burning like a calf getting branded. Ouch.
So this morning when I got up, I was actuallly excited to get out of bed! Almost giddy. Until I tried to get out of bed. Ouch. But you know what? It wasn’t quite as bad as I thought it would be. Until I sat on the toilet and couldn’t quite get up. Ugh. And then I had to pick my daughter up and out of her bed. Sweet Jesus. Maybe it was as bad as I thought.
So after some coffee and dropping off my son at school, I came home and put my daughter down for her nap and it was Shred time. I grabbed my mat and weights and hit play.
- These stretches feel kinda nice.
- Okay, I can do these jumping jacks. I actually like jumping jacks. It’s all good.
- OMG, these push ups are murderous. I think my chest muscles are going to rip. Yeah, Anita is rocking it Jillian, I know. Natalie can kiss my ass on the balls of her feet. Chop chop.
- Okay, I’m doing this. I can do this! Sure it hurts, but I have to work through the pain if I want to look like Anita, right? Anita can kiss my ass.
- Cardio is the easiest for me, but I long for the ab work so I can hit the floor. It’s like a tiny little break, but with Jillian standing over you and telling you to lift your head off the floor. This is not nap time.
- If I have to do one more lunge with any type of arm movement, my arms will probably fall off my body. I’m sure of it.
- I think the punching is my favorite. I like to pretend I’m punching Jillian. And I don’t have to hold any weights.
- Anterior raises and side lunges can kiss my ass. All day long. My arms felt like they were going to fall off before, well they just did. That’s right, my arms are lying lifeless on the floor. What am I going to do without arms? Seriously, I couldn’t raise my arms past my waist on the last few reps. OMG.
- Oh, boy! We get to lie on the floor and do chest flies. This is so much better than anterior raises.
- And on to cardio. I really do feel like I can jump higher on the jump rope. Is it just me, or am I feeling a second wind here at the end? Thank goodness. Yes, I’m almost done. I can do this!!
- DONE! I made it through day 2. Only twenty eight more to go.
So what happens after day 28? I know I’m not going to quit working out. I guess it’s nice to say I only have 28 more days to go, but in reality I have the rest of my life to go. If I’m going to commit to doing this, there’s no way I’m going to quit in 28 days! Hell NO!
Oh my gosh. Seriously. Today was so much harder than yesterday because I’m pretty sore. I can only imagine what tomorrow will feel like. I will stopping hurting at some point, right? Or does that mean it’s time to move on to the next level?
You wanna know a secret? I don’t know if it’s all in my head, but I felt stronger today. Sure, my muscles were trembling like a chihuahua in the rain, but I felt so strong. I felt a sense of determination. I know I can do this!!
I love this DVD so much. I love the simple, easy to follow exercises. I like the quickness. Before your arms have a chance to fall off your body (or you get bored), you’re on to the next exercise. And can I tell you how much I love the fact that it’s only 22 minutes from start to finish? This fits into my life so easily!
And now, I’m off to drink at least 3 glasses of water. Maybe 4. Because I feel like I sweat that much. And I’m going to keep on moving again today.