This week at The Sisterhood, and in support of our new Shrink for Good Challenge and the awesome Weight Watchers Lose For Good campaign, I will be posting DAILY a WW recipe that is near and dear to my heart, meaning I like it- A LOT.
I get bored with chicken and am always looking for ways to “snazz” it up. However, I never get bored with avocado and pretty much ANYTHING with avocado is a winner in my book, including this gem of a recipe.
As I say with every recipe I share, go ahead and add these items to your grocery list for the week and promise me that you will make this sometime soon. You will love it. Would I ever lie to you? And when you do and you fall off your chair because it is so good, then you can come back here and leave me a comment about how great I am to share these with you.
Seared Chicken with Avocado
(Weight Watchers Five Ingredient 15 Minute Cookbook)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons blackened seasoning
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 diced peeled avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 lime, cut into fourths
- Sprinkle seasoning on both sides of chicken. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken; cook 1 minute or until seared. Reduce heat to medium; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- Combine avocado and next four ingredients. Squeeze lime over chicken before serving. Top with avocado mixture.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1/4 cup avocado mixture).
Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: 6