However, all that cheesy goodness comes with a high price in the form of high calories. In fact, I only had pizza once from January through July. But that is all changing with this WW pizza recipe- it is truly divine and delicious and yummy and every other positive food adjective out there.
Fresh Tomato, Basil, and Cheese Pizza (from Weight Watchers 5 Ingredient 15 Minute Cookbook)
- 1 (14 ounce) Italian cheese-flavored pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grate fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Brush crust with olive oil. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, leaving a 1/2 inch border around edge of crust. Arrange tomato slices over cheese, overlapping edges; top with garlic slices, remaining 1/4 cup cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is golden. Remove pizza to a cutting board, and top with fresh basil leaves. Cut into 12 rectangular pieces. Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 pieces);
WW points value: 5
- Instead of buying a pre-made crust, I made a Betty Crocker pizza crust and added two teaspoons of Italian cheese to the mixture. Also, I found that I had to add a little flour to make the crust less doughy. I rolled the crust out to the edges of my round baking sheet, then folded over the edges to make it look pretty.
- I sprinkled Italian season over the entire crust, prior to adding the toppings.
- Speaking of toppings, instead of sliced garlic, I use minced garlic.
- There were three adults sharing this pizza and it was entirely gone in 5 minutes flat. It was that good. Seriously. None of us could believe how good it was considering that there was ZERO tomato sauce and only a handful of cheese. We ate the whole pizza before even touching anything else. Given that, um, I may have had more than 5 WW points- lol.