Today is the big day – Lose-A-Palooza – an online social media networking day to raise awareness for the Lose For Good campaign! Weight Watchers will donate up to $25,000, on top of the $1 million they are hoping to donate to Action Against Hunger and Share Our Strength for LFG!
Lose-A-Palooza begins at 12:00 am Eastern time today (September 15th) and will run through 11:59 pm Eastern. How are you going to help? EASY! There are several ways for you to participate, and I strongly encourage you to do so in as many ways possible!
We will be giving away TWO Lose For Good tees to the people we think do the best job at spreading the word! Make sure you come back and let us know how you are getting the word out! Leave links to your tweets, posts, etc… We will announce the winners in a few days!
Tweet #LoseForGood: Share how you are supporting the good with all your Twitter followers. Tweet about the way you’re helping the fight against hunger and be sure to include the hashtag #LoseForGood.
• Multiply the good: Follow @sharestrength or @acfusa to fill your Twitter stream with good, and then retweet.
• That’s right, each #LoseForGood Tweet and follow to @sharestrength and @acfusa on September 15 provides $1!*
• Become a fan of the NEW and official Weight Watchers page! And don’t forget our Weight Watchers Supermarket Foods page.
• If you’re already a fan, just post a “Lose For Good” related comment OR “Like” the updates that we’ll post throughout the day.
• Become a fan of our awesome charitable partners – Share Our Strength and Action Against Hunger!
• It’s that easy. Join fan pages, comment on our statuses and walls, or simply ‘Like’ updates to our fan pages and you’ll be participating in Lose-a-Palooza and helping fight hunger!
• Participate on the following pages by posting a comment including “Lose For Good” or become our ‘friend.’ Simple ways to help Weight Watchers contribute $1!*
• Write a blog post about Lose For Good, including the phrase “Lose For Good” and encourage your readers to get involved by visiting www.LoseForGood.com.
• Comment on a blog post about Lose For Good! Be sure to have your friends show their support by commenting on your post – every comment relating to “Lose For Good” helps Weight Watchers donate $1*!
• In our new Weight Watchers Community, write a blog post about Lose for Good and we’ll make a contribution to the fight against hunger. Remember to use the words “Lose for Good!”
On September 15, 2009, only, for each approved mention of the Lose For Good campaign in social media activity via blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace, Weight Watchers will donate $1, up to a maximum of $25,000 to Share Our Strength and Action Against Hunger. Donations will be split 70% to Share our Strength and 30% to Action Against Hunger. To be counted and approved, all blog posts, blog comments, Twitter ‘tweets’ and other activity must (i) include the complete phrase “Lose For Good” or be related in substance or tone; or (ii) for Facebook, include engaging the “Like” or “Fan” functions on the Weight Watchers or Share Our Strength or Action Against Hunger pages/posts; or (iii) for MySpace, include engaging the “Friend” function on the Weight Watchers or Share Our Strength or Action Against Hunger page; or (iv) for Twitter, begin following @sharestrength or @acfusa and use #LoseforGood. All such activity is subject to Weight Watchers review and may be counted as part of Lose-A-Palooza at Weight Watchers sole discretion. ‘Lose-a-Palooza’ is open to U.S. and non U. S. citizens. The period for counting approved social media activity begins on September 15, 2009, at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), ends on September 15, 2009, at 11:59 p.m. ET. For more information and details, visit WeightWatchers.com/LoseForGood.
**Lose for Good Campaign Details
Available in participating areas from 08/30/09 – 10/17/09. For every 1 million pounds lost during the campaign period, Weight Watchers will donate $250,000, up to $1 million. Pounds lost by Members will be determined by average weight lost per meeting attendance during campaign period multiplied by total number of attendances during campaign period. Pounds lost by Weight Watchers Online Subscribers will be determined by total weight loss recorded in the Weight Tracker during campaign period. All weight losses are subject to our healthy weight loss guidelines. Donations will be made 70% to Share our Strength and 30% to Action Against Hunger. To learn more about the participating charities visit www.strength.org and www.actionagainsthunger.org.