I came across this recipe on Tasty Kitchen a few weeks ago and it is so delicious! I first wrote about it on the Weekly Round-Up, but I decided it’s so good it needs it’s own post, and I also made a few changes to the dressing when I prepared it. I halved the dressing ingredients and it was more than plenty to top the salad with (and only 1/2 the calories and fat!). Also, in place of the spinach and red lettuce, I used two ready-to-go packages of salad, one spinach, and one mixed greens. So easy!
* FOR THE SUGARED PECANS:
* ½ cups Pecan Pieces
* 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
* FOR THE SALAD:
* 6 ounces, Baby Spinach
* 1 head Red Leaf Lettuce, Torn
* 1 whole Granny Smith Apple, Cored And Very Thinly Sliced
* 4 ounces, Crumbled Feta Or Blue Cheese
* FOR THE DRESSING (this is my altered version):
* 1/8 cup Red Onion, Finely Chopped
* 1 1/2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
* 1 1/2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
* 1/4 cups Olive Oil
* 1 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
* 1/2 clove Galic, Minced
*1/8 teaspoons Salt
* 1/16 teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Place nuts in a medium skillet with 2 tablespoons sugar. Cook over medium-high heat until nuts are coated and brown, stirring constantly, about 4 minutes; set aside.
Toss salad greens, apples and cheese.
Combine dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake vigorously. Pour over the salad just before serving.
Sprinkle with sugared nuts.