Now that the weather is cooling off, I’m finding that I do NOT want to go outside for runs. Or bikes. Or to get in the car to go to the gym.
I don’t wanna, and you can’t make me.
So what do you do? What do you do when it’s too cold or too rainy or too sunny or too insert unacceptable weather phenomenon here? Do you scrap your workout?
I know I have. More than once. More than I care to admit.
But that is no longer an option for me. I need to get into a habit over the winter months. And now is the time to start that. Here are the options I’ve come up with…
- The treadmill – This one is the obvious one. It’s in the basement so I don’t have the excuse of needing to go to they gym to use it. But really. Treadmills get boring. So…
- A bike trainer – This one basically allows me to turn my bike into a stationary bike in my basement. This will come in handy when I start tri training up again in January. But really. Cycling in place gets boring. So…
- Exercise TV – Do you guys have Exercise TV on your cable? It’s a free On Demand service that offers free workouts. And the selection is huge. HUGE! Theirs 4 minute workouts and 44 minute workouts. Dancing, abs, kickboxing, whatever floats your boat…you can find it.
- Workout DVDs – I know I have a few of these laying around. They just offer another option to Exercise TV. Several of them are progressive type programs so you move through the routines instead of just doing the same thing over and over again.
- Wii – The EA Sports Active is my main (o.k., only) workout game, but it’s nice to switch things up. I love that it has a little meter that lets you know whether or not you are doing the exercises correctly. It helps keep me in line. Not that I cheat. Nah, not me.
That’s all I can think of at my house. Do you guys have other go-to cold weather workouts that you try to throw into your routine? Please share!