Grab your partners DO-SI-DO!! Welcome to the Shrinking Jeans Holiday Hoedown!
Hope you’ve got your hankies tied tightly around your necks and the spurs on yer boots, cause it’s time to start kickin up our heels!
We all need a little fun and a little sparkle in our lives for this holiday season don’t we?
Let me ask you a question.
Do you want to put on 5-7 pounds this holiday season? (No, right?)
Have you spent the entire year working on yourself only to fear getting derailed over the next 6-8 weeks? (Yup?)
Do you really want to START losing weight on January 1st with the whole rest of the world when the gyms are all crowded and people are all up in yer business? (No, right?)
Here’s what we’re getting at:
This is YOUR chance to make the change NOW instead of the New Year. This is YOUR chance to arm your arsenal for the holidays so that you are conscious of that little word called “moderation” and you’re starting it now. This is your chance to not derail your entire efforts of the whole year. This is your chance to get started NOW rather than waiting until another Monday or another January. But best of all this is YOUR chance to get your friends and family involved FROM YOUR REAL LIFE! And I did!
I’ve brought in my maw and paw, my husband and even some of my tri group pals (Hello Team Chicken Wings! Hello Team Shut Your Pumpkin Pie Hole!!!!) Any other newcomers out there? Tell us about yourselves!
But first, get on your horse and giddy on up over to the scale and weigh in. Then, see that nifty form below? Put all your information in there by 10 p.m. EDT, 9 p.m. Central in there and don’t forget or it won’t count toward your team’s total! And we’re a team here, all our teammates need you to weigh in on time!
Here are the rest of the Holiday Hoedown details!
- Remember, this challenge is a team challenge and you can form your own teams of up to 8 eight people. If you want to be put on a team, email us at email@example.com! Then, go set up a group on the ‘Hood so you can all chat! Go check out the TEAMS PAGE to see if you’re in there and if not, let us know right away!
- We weigh in each Wednesday in a form on the weigh-in post! You must weigh in by 10 p.m. ET, 9 p.m. Central in order for your weight to count toward your team’s percentage.
- The team with the greatest percentage of weight-loss wins the challenge!
- We do have teams that are checking in and not weighing in, so this challenge is ever good for maintenance! And for that, YEEHAW!
- We will have weekly fitness challenges! Yeehaw!
- We will also be holding weekly giveaways! In order to be eligible for the prize drawing, you must weigh-in AND leave a comment. You will have two shots at extra entries and also, each member of the team who wins the fitness challenge gets an extra entry into the prize drawing, YEEHAW!
- We will also be holding non-fitness challenges, something other than fitness to focus on for the week!
Here are the first fitness and non-fitness challenges for the week!
Fitness challenge: Log as many exercise minutes AS YOU CAN! From today until next Tuesday night! Now we don’t mean walking the dog to the curb or trips to the fridge or parking really far away from Target on this one, we mean actual sweating exercise!! There will be a section in next week’s weigh-in form to log your minutes! Again, the team with the most minutes logged will each get an automatic extra entry into next week’s giveaway!!
Non fitness challenge: Outline your goals for this challenge! How much do you want to lose? What are your fitness goals for this challenge? What will you be doing to track your food or calories, are you doing Weight Watchers? Logging in a journal? On Sparkpeople? Hammer it out, work on it, tweak it, and discuss it with your team and blog about it in next week’s weigh-in post! And if you don’t have a blog like lots of you this challenge don’t, leave your goals in the comments! Mkay?
Be sure to post the fitness and non-fitness challenges in your groups on the HOOD so you guys can work on them together!
This month we’re working on the Taste of the Sisterhood and we’re sharing recipes here on a daily basis and they’ve been delicious! We’ve also been featuring one of YOUR recipes each week and if you want to submit yours, you can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we might make it and feature it in the Monthly Project post on Mondays! Thank you to ATTUNE for sponsoring the Taste of the Sisterhood! If you’re new here, go ahead, check out all the fabulous recipes we’ve been featuring all month!
Now giddy up! Get to yer scales! Happy Weigh-in!
And don’t forget to share your link!