Last week we announced our plan to train for the San Diego Rock ‘n’ Roll 1/2 marathon on June 5th. We can’t wait. There is nothing better than hanging out in real life with the Sisters and Brothers we know so well from online. Read all about it here.
Now listen, we really, really, REALLY want you to come hang out with us in San Diego (hey, we’re lots of fun!)… BUT if you just can’t make it for whatever reason, Christy and I have decided that we will open up our team: shrinking jeans to EVERYONE who wants to do a race on that day. Whether you do a local 1/2 marathon, travel to a different city that day, or heck, make up your own 13.1-mile course, we want YOU on our team.
The final details will be announced early next week, but here is a general idea of what we are planning:
- Official race is the SD RnR on Sunday, June 5th. If you can’t make it, pick a 1/2 marathon in your area or make up your own 13.1-mile course. Race must be on the same day.
- We will be charging a registration fee, this will cover a training plan and services from our favorite Coach Joe.
- You will be responsible for your race registration, hotel, airfare/travel costs, and meals. Hopefully, if we get enough people in San Diego we can get things cheaper with a group rate.
- With your team: shrinking jeans registration, you will be committing to raise a minimum amount of money for charity: water. Exact amount will be announced next week.
- If you are interested in joining our team, but would like to do the full marathon distance, please shoot us an email at [email protected]
I’m getting excited about this, how about you? Are you ready to be a part of our virtual team worldwide or join us in San Diego?