I think that it’s a cruel, cruel joke that I happen to be hosting True Confessions for you this week.
You see, I was on a cruise last week.
Like I said. Cruel joke.
I started the week off really well. I had great intentions of not overindulging. I had a plan. Dessert only if it was something I really wanted…smart portion sizes…one fruit or vegetable with every meal…
Then the ship left dock, LOL.
Ironically, the days where we went to the buffet for dinners, where I had a chance to have control over my own portions, I did really well. It was the nights at the nicer, formal dining room that did me in.
Oh well, let’s get to it…
- So, if I have something every day, should I list out 7 bullet points? I’ll spare you that. I had a pastry every day after breakfast. It was like my breakfast dessert. They weren’t huge, but still. A pastry every day.
- Pasta Carbonara. Bacon and pasta. With cream sauce. Heaven in a bowl. Bowling ball in my gut.
- I couldn’t pass up the Bangers and Mash when we were on the island. For all you Americans, that’s Britishese for Sausage and Mashed Potatoes. It was so, soooooo good.
- We went to the Swizzle Inn for lunch and to get one of their famous Rum Swizzles. My crazy husband We ended up ordering a pitcher which equates to about 4 Rum Swizzles EACH. You know you’re in trouble when the “motto” of a pub is “Swizzle Inn, Swagger Out”. I’ve never been tipsy before noon before. It was kinda fun.
- Two huge ice cream sundaes. At least I had them on different days!
- Various small desserts almost every night.
- The last night was a killer. Dave and I went to the “fancy” reservations only restaurant as a date night. Evidently, “fancy” means “huge ass portions and lots of courses”. Brioche, French Onion Soup, Caesar Salad, a 9 oz Filet Mignon, Baked Potato led to a huge gut. It’s a good thing I wore a stretchy dress!
- And of course, Easter Candy.
My transgressions are many but damn it, I had an awesome time. But it’s time to get back to reality! How did you all do this week??