Name: Ann Gregory
Hometown: born and raised in a small town south of Wichita, Kansas….currently living in Carrollton, TX a suburb of Dallas, but we lived in Fresno, CA for 4 years, too.
Tell us about your family. I have been married to my hubby Guy since August 31, 1984 (at the ripe ol’ age of 19). We have 2 sons, “That Kid” nearly 21, and “That Other Kid” 7 going on 20!! My hubby is an architect and he works out of one of our bedrooms. I homeschool That Other Kid, and That Kid just moved back home before he goes off to Marine bootcamp sometime between now and September 19th (help me survive, k??) My parents live in the same house I grew up in and I have 3 “little” brothers – one of which has done several triathalons.They all live within a few miles of my parents.
What is your favorite workout? My favorite workout is riding bikes, BUT I don’t have one right now so I make do with my Wii games, my new Nike Training Club app, and my occasional wogging adventure when my knee cooperates.
What do you consider your biggest accomplishment? My biggest accomplishment would be homeschooling my oldest son all the way through school – k thru 12th grade. After graduating he got into a private college (but he’s decided college isn’t for him right now). Second to that would be losing 30 pounds in about 9 months time and then keeping it off for the past 18 months or so…
Have you set any goals for this year? Yes, I have….reach my goal weight (which I figure would mean losing around 40 more pounds) by the time That Kid gets out of boot camp.
Who is your best support in your healthier-living journey? My “sisters” at ShrinkingJeans and my best friend, Glenna. Both of my boys are awesome at encouraging me to workout, eat right and take care of myself, too.
Favorite songs on your iPod right now? I’m a big fan of Skillet, Casting Crown, Red, and Disciple Down (all Christian rock in case you have no clue who they are!) so pretty much anything on my Ipod by them are my favorites!
Who or what inspires you? My friend Glenna, inspires me. She just underwent breast cancer and has come out of it a changed person. She has changed her entire outlook on her health and has kicked cancer in the hiney!! She has been done with surgery now for about 2 -3 weeks and is planning to walk a 1 mile Breast Cancer Walk for the Cure in about 1 month! I’m doing it with her, of course and I’m so excited to get to do this with/for her!! My dad also is an inspiration to me. He had colon cancer and the whole time he was undergoing treatments he walked the track at the rec center my brother works at. His oncologist was shocked at how well he did in beating his cancer. He has continued walking 2 – 3 miles nearly every day and can walk nearly as fast as I can wog!! He has been cancer free for about 2 years now!!
Do you have any must-have health/beauty/clothing products? I live in Danskin Yoga pants and I’m cheap so I have bought a bunch from Walmart….I need to go buy more cuz they are getting too big (yay!)! I’m pretty low maintenance as far as health/beauty products but I do get my hair cut/colored about every 8 weeks and I do buy good quality shampoo from my stylist because if I don’t my hair gets fried out and I can’t deal with that!
5 things we don’t already know about you! um…I’ve been around here so long I don’t know if there’s that much you guys don’t know about me!
1) I went to college for 2 years and dropped out (I was studying Elementary Ed). I was supposed to be the first member of my family to graduate from college but my brother beat me to it! I still don’t have my degree but I would still like to get it, juz cuz! But…since I homeschool I still used my knowledge with my own kids.
2) I love to travel but I don’t fly well so I prefer to travel by car or have lots of time to “recover” from my flights. I have been to Canada twice (Vancouver and Toronto) both for hockey tournaments that That Kid played in. Those were great trips but entirely too short for my taste! Someday I hope to travel overseas to Europe.
3) I am passionate, caring and friendly to people that I know well but it takes me a while to “size you up”. While I am sizing you up I am learning all I can about you so I can know just how much of myself I will pour into you.
4) Once you are my friend I will go out of my way to support, help, and love you. I will always be there for you and do anything within my power to help you if you need something.
5) My kids are the most important things in my life — even if they drive me to the point of insanity nearly every day!