“National Running Day, held annually on the first Wednesday in June, is a day when runners everywhere declare their passion for running. Wherever we are and whomever we’re with, we run—fast or slow, alone or with others, all over town or just around the block. It is a coast-to-coast celebration of a sport and activity that’s simple, inexpensive, and fun. It’s the perfect way for longtime runners to reaffirm their love of running and for beginners to kick off a lifetime and life-changing commitment.” -National Running Day
Sounds fun, right? Passion for running. Fast or slow. Alone or with others. No matter the distance. Running is amazing, and if you haven’t tried it yet, today is THE day.
What? You say you’re not a runner? Well, what better time to start! Check out our How To Start Running Now article for tips on how to start running now!
New Balance shoes are my love, and I have never been disappointed with the quality or performance. The development, design and technology that goes into
any pair of running shoes is mind-blowing, but should be appreciated by every single person who calls themselves a runner. Running shoes protect your feet, your legs, your whole body from the constant pounding; and everyone should have an awesome pair of kicks like the New Balance 890s – a neutral shoe, weighing only 9.7 ounces. That’s like an apple, 3.7 cookies, 19 sticks of gum!
Because it’s National Running Day, and because New Balance is all about Making Excellent Happen, we are giving away a pair of New Balance 890s AND a pair of awesome Go 2 Capri running tights – guaranteed to make your legs look sexy in all of your fitness pursuits. Heck, I pretty much wear mine 24/7.
- Follow @newbalance & @shrinkingjeans on Twitter.
- Tweet: @shrinkingjeans & @newbalance I run (finish this thought). http://bit.ly/lcfsCa #runningday If you tweet this, come back and leave a comment with a link to your tweet (just click on the timestamp of the tweet) letting us know!
- Like us both on Facebook: New Balance & the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans
- Post on your Facebook wall tagging New Balance & the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans: “I run (finish this thought). http://bit.ly/lcfsCa #runningday” If you post this on your wall, please come back and leave a comment with a link to your wall letting us know!
- You can enter 2x daily (once via Twitter & once via Facebook) until Tuesday, June 7th, when this giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. PT. That’s 14 possible entries!
- One person will be chosen to win both the shoes and capris via random.org, and announced on Wednesday, June 8th.
- Open to US residents only. Open to sisters and brothers (except brothers might not want the running tights).
Disclosure: New Balance provided a pair of running shoes and tights for this giveaway. We were not monetarily compensated, and our opinion that New Balance ROCKS is our own.
Other Cool Stuff!
In recognition of National Running Day, Competitor Group is offering a very special deal for runners!
“We’re excited to launch a collective platform for National Running Day where athletes of all abilities can share their dedication to living an active lifestyle,” said Bouker Pool, SVP of Marketing for CGI. “Our goal is to provide an inspiring environment where people are encouraged to hit the pavement and push themselves to new limits. June 1 is a great day to register for a fall event and start training toward your goal.”
For one day only, CGI will offer exclusive registration discounts for its immensely popular Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon, TriRock, and Muddy Buddy event series. Those who register for a CGI event on June 1 will receive $26 off a Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon; $13 off a Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon; $10 off a Rock ‘n’ Roll 10k; $5 off a Rock ‘n’ Roll 5k; $20 off a Muddy Buddy; and $20 off a TriRock event.
For a full calendar of events for 2011, visit Competitor.com.
National Running Day is all about putting a social twist on running!
Connect with thousands of other runners across the nation on the National Running Day Facebook page: www.facebook.com/runningday, or follow them on Twitter: @RunningDay2011, and don’t forget to use the hashtag #runningday if you tweet about your Running Day.