I love summer! I love all the wonderful cookouts and picnics that take place throughout the season. I also love the abundance of fresh fruits & veggies that are available. So, what better thing to do than combine the two into one?!
This salad is one of my own concoctions and I love taking it to cookouts, potlucks, etc. If you are lucky enough to have a vegetable garden, it’s even better when made with veggies fresh from the garden! Since I don’t have a garden, I buy the English cucumbers when I make this salad since they are seedless.
Summer Cucumber Salad
- 2 medium English cucumbers, peeled & diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced (I actually used some grape tomatoes in this batch.)
- 2 medium stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup Trader Joe’s lowfat tzatziki (or any brand that is 30 calories/2 tbsp)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Dried dill (to taste)
- Mix cucumber, tomato, and celery together. Add tzatziki, salt, and pepper and stir well. Sprinkle with dried (or fresh) dill to taste. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes prior to serving. If desired, you could also add about 1/4 diced red onion to this recipe.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Total Fat: 2.7g (saturated fat: 1g)
Weight Watchers PointsPlus® value: 1
Nutrition information calculated using the Recipe Builder at caloriecount.com.