I like to run. Sometimes I love to run. I really love to run to good, new-to-me music. In fact, I am training for a triathlon right now and you are not allowed to run with headphones AT ALL during the race, which means I am doing my training runs WITHOUT music and it is quite painful for me. I digress.
Music is subjective, I get that. What I like to run to might be scoffed at by YOU or vice versa. I get it, really I do. So instead of subjecting you to MY list, I will share with you with what our Facebook fans came up with. If you haven’t liked our Run with the Sisterhood page yet, then go ahead and *like* it already. Yeah, right now….I’ll wait for you to return.
Yes, I put out the call for favorite running songs and this is what I got. I have to admit that some of these songs are completely new to me (that means nothing), some I had heard before, and others I had heard before but never made the time to download. I think ALL of them would be great on a running playlist- that’s how they made it here to you.
- Rest of My Life, Ludacris (Surprisingly, I do not have this song *yet* on my playlist. That will change soon!)
- Feel This Moment, Pitbull featuring Christina Aguilera (I have a not-so-secret crush on Pitbull. He is ‘da bomb!)
- Let’s Get Loud, Jennifer Lopez (a few years old but still not on my playlist….yet)
- Everybody Talks, Neon Trees (new one for me)
- Just Give Me a Reason, Pink (OMG, this song is beautiful. I can totally see this song bringing me to tears during a run given the right mood on my part.)
- Start the Commotion, The Wise Guys (I’m ready to *put the body in motion*- ha!)
- Bad Reputation, Avril Lavigne (fast, hard beat- makes me want to go run right now)
- Candy Man, Christina Aguilera (listened to this song for the first time last night and I LOVED it!)
- Ready to Go, Republica (I didn’t know I knew this song but I do- makes me want to rock out hard and bang my head!)
- Fuel, Metallica (any song by Metallica reminds me of a guy I dated over 20 years ago!)
- Awake and Alive, Skillet (not my typical genre of music to listen to but I like it!)
- Get Lucky, Daft Punk (this song makes me want to bust a disco move or two)
- Trenches, Pop Evil (HARD song but I like-y like it. This song could TOTALLY push me faster, harder, stronger.)
- Light Em Up, Fall Out Boy (another goodie)
- Check Yes Juliet, We the Kings (another new one for me)
- Blurred Lines, Robin Thicke (I freaking love this song!)
- Girl on Fire, Alicia Keys (voice from heaven, beautiful song)
- Live It Up, Jennifer Lopez featuring Pitbull (I wish I had JLo’s body)
- Can’t Hold Us, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis (another hit for the Thrift Shop dude)
- I Love It, Icona Pop (another new one for me)
- #thatPower, will.i.am featuring Justin Beiber (I am almost embarrassed to admit it but I really really like this song. Shhhhh- don’t tell anyone!)
Feel free to add to this list in the comments below.
Enjoy and Happy Running!
P.S. May you take some time this Memorial Day to remember those who serve our country tirelessly, to those who have given of their time, and those who gave their life defending our freedom. Peace.