Summer is here, and with that comes tank tops, dresses and swim suits! No one wants to show off their flabby bat wings, so if you’re looking to showcase strong, toned arms, print out our free 30-Day Strong Arms workout calendar and follow along with the daily exercises. By July, you will be hosting your own gun show. Pinky swear.
What To Do
First, print off the calendar below and put it somewhere you will see it EVERY DAY, so that you remember to get in your exercises! You can’t have fabulous, strong arms if you don’t do the work!
Next, read up on the exercises below and watch the demos. You will eat, sleep, and breathe these exercises over the next 30 days.
The only exercise that requires any equipment is the shoulder press. You will need dumbbells for that one, but if you don’t have any handy, you can improvise with canned goods from your pantry! You may also wish to increase weight as the month goes on.
Take before and after photos to see your progress!
NOTE: On weeks 1 and 2, you will perform each exercise TWICE. On weeks 3-5, you will perform each THREE times. So, to reiterate, weeks 1 and 2, you will perform the number listed twice and weeks 3, 4, and 5, you will perform the number listed three times. You can do your second (and third) set of reps right away, or you can split them up throughout your day!
Join our event, where we will post each day’s workout and we can all hold each other accountable and motivate one another, because who doesn’t need a little kick in the ass sometimes? Support and encourage other #30dayARMS participants, m’kay? Everything is more fun with a few friends!
Push-ups: Check out this article for proper push-up form, as well as modified versions of the basic push-up.
Chair Dips: View chair/tricep dips demonstration video here!
- Stand with your feet at hip width. Hinge forward at the waist and touch the floor with your palms. Bend your knees, if necessary.
- Walk your hands forward until you are supporting all your weight on your hands and toes, like a plank position. Your body should make a straight line and your hands should line up with your shoulders. Hold this position for 10 seconds. For a higher intensity exercise, perform a push-up or three.
- Walk your feet forward to meet your hands. Keep your palms on the floor and bend your knees, if necessary.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and sit on a bench with back support.
- Plant your feet firmly on the floor about hip-width apart.
- Bend your elbows and raise your upper arms to shoulder height so the dumbbells are at ear level.
- Pull your abdominals in so there is a slight gap between the small of your back and the bench.
- Place the back of your head against the pad.
- Push the dumbbells up and in until the ends of the dumbbells touch lightly, directly over your head, and then lower the dumbbells back to ear level.
Rest days are provided every five days to give you a chance to let your muscles recoup. As with all of our monthly workout calendars, these daily exercises are intended to supplement your current fitness routine. If you are finding the totals too hard to achieve, break it up into smaller sets through your day. Challenge yourself, but not to the point of injury. As with any fitness routine, consult with your doctor prior to starting!
The Workout Calendar
Let’s do this!
Looking to tone other body parts? We have a full library of free workout calendars for you to choose from.
For workout tips and daily inspiration, like our Facebook page!
We are not medical doctors or licensed medical experts. Before starting any diet or exercise program, please consult with your doctor.