I haven’t tooted my horn in a long time (months and months) and I am long overdue.
- The Summer here in Texas is brutal, especially in August and September. It’s hot hot hot and some days, it’s humid too. Normally, I would hang up my running shoes and say *adios* to that form of exercise until it cooled down. Instead, I continued running through the ENTIRE Summer, with my body acclimating to the heat. Don’t get me wrong- it’s still hot and if it’s humid, then I want to die but I continue through my workouts and don’t give up..
- Even crazier, I began marathon training for my first full marathon.
- That being said, I have had some HORRIBLE, demoralizing runs the last few weeks that have left me in tears. Doesn’t sound like much to toot about, does it?
- Oh yes, toot I will because my last few runs, I have put *mind over matter*, thinking only positive thoughts and not letting myself fall into the pit of humidity despair and those few runs have restored my faith in my ability to run.
- I have lost 2 lbs since last week- I’ll take it!
- I have upped my water intake by 20 oz and now I don’t feel so dehydrated (duh!).
- The kids are on their third week of school and we have managed to make their lunches the night before every night. This is considered a HUGE success. More importantly, the kids are participating more and making their OWN lunches- woot woot!!!
- I am doing more yoga than ever and really, it makes my body feel oh so good.
That’s it for me. WHat about you? Go ahead and toot your own horn!!!