The holidays are a notoriously hard time to maintain your weight, much less even dream of losing weight. But you know what? With a lot of determination, some good old-fashioned support from your cheering section here at the Sisterhood, and the right tools, you CAN do it.
Today is the day! Our Get Your sElf Off the Shelf Holiday Wellness Challenge finally begins, and we have so many amazing things lined up for you. Here are the key things you need to do right now:
- Go over and join our Facebook Event for the Challenge. That’s where we’ll keep up with all of our daily check-ins!
- Join our Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans Group on Facebook if you’re looking for a private place to get support and share your progress. It’s a secret group and members must be approved by us. Anything you post will NOT show up in your public feed, so your secrets are safe with us.
- Sign-up for our daily Wellness Challenge emails. You’ll get an email delivered each morning chock full of motivation for your body, mind, and soul.
- Join our DietBet now! It’s not too late!
- Scroll down and print out the Fitness Calendar and Sisterhood Shots calendar and get ready to go!
- Use our #sElfChallenge hashtag when you post on social media ;)
Our DietBet pot is well over $10,000, and it’s not too late to join. Put $25 in the pot lose 4% of your body weigh in 4 weeks, and you WIN. Seriously. It’s that simple. Notice I didn’t say EASY. Because you have to do the work for it to pay off.
Consider joining us today. Having money on the line is a great way to stay motivated!
The Workout Calendar
What’s a wellness challenge without a workout calendar? We are going festive for the next 30 days with our Very Merry 30-Day Workout Calendar! These daily exercises are intended to supplement your current fitness routine, as well as help you burn off those extra nibbles you take while baking your holiday treats!
Each day, you will see an exercise listed on the calendar. If you are just beginning, do one set daily. For more of a challenge, do two, and if you are feeling REALLY motivated, go for three sets!
- Planks: Watch this demo video to see proper plank form!
- Crunches: Here’s an abdominal crunch demo video!
- Leg Drops: Lay flat on your back with your legs extended long, arms straight by sides, palms down. Raise both legs up towards the ceiling, while breathing in and engaging your abs. Exhale and lower your legs until they are just a few inches from the floor. It’s very important that you keep your back pressed firmly to the floor during entire exercise, do not let the small of your back lift up. You can also squeeze an exercise ball in between your lower legs while doing this exercise.
- Mountain Climbers: Not sure how to do mountain climbers? Look here!
- Pushups: Find instructions for pushups here, as well as pushup modifications!
- Squats: See proper squat form here!
- Jumping Jacks: If you need a refresher course on jumping jacks, take a look at this!
- Burpees: Watch this burpee demo video!
Look for daily check-ins on our Wellness Challenge Facebook event!
Looking for more awesome and FREE workout calendars? We have a full library of workout calendars for you to choose from.
Our newest Sisterhood Shots calendar will go right along with our Wellness Challenge. The daily prompts will be related to the emails you’ll be receiving each day when you’re signed up for our Wellness Challenge emails! Start snapping those photos and sharing them with us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! If you scroll up to the top right-hand side of the page, you’ll see all of our social media links! Make sure you’re using our #sElfChallenge hashtag.
That’s not all, folks!
We’ve got some other exciting things coming up over the next couple of weeks. Be sure to keep an eye out for our Holiday Gift Guide for the Runner, our 25 Miles to Christmas challenge, and our O’Fitness Tree exercise advent calendar.
At the end of this challenge (December 24th) we’ll be taking a couple of weeks off as we put the finishing touches on our BIGGEST and BEST New Year’s Challenge ever!
We are not medical doctors or licensed medical experts. Before starting any diet or exercise program, please consult with your doctor.