Christmas was just hours ago (or maybe you haven’t had your celebration of choice, yet) but it’s the end of the year and a lot of us like to use this time to think about the progress made over the year and the progress we want to make in the upcoming year. I know that this final week of 2014 is going to be a huge time of reflection for me, and I have decided to take some time to think about how I can make 2015 a much more successful year for myself, not only in the health and fitness realm, but in the wife/mom/homeschooler/teacher/friend/3-DayWalker/person-in-general realm.
I have already started thinking about some of the changes that need to take place and they will be first and foremost in my mind as I reflect over the next few days. I want to make 2015 my year of success! BUT, in order to do that I need to make some changes. I’m not sure what all of these changes will be yet, but I have a few places that I’m going to start focusing on.
As you may have heard
but hopefully not experienced the “Crud” is going around and I’m usually the one person in the family that is sure to NOT get it! This year, I was the one to get it and just not be able to kick it to the curb! I hate being sick with such a passion and I know that I can prevent a lot of the things that are keeping the crud with me so long and hard. Maybe some of the things you need to think about for the upcoming year are included in this list.
I’m calling this list “The Things I Thought Didn’t Matter in 2014, but really do matter in 2015” List. Maybe you can gleam some ideas from my list. Or maybe you have your own list that has all kinds of different things on it! I would love to hear your thoughts either way!!
- GET ENOUGH DARN SLEEP!! The first quarter of the year, I spent sleep deprived due to some health issues. I finally got those cleared up this fall, but I still haven’t been getting enough sleep
due to stupidity and staying up too late doing stupid stuff like surfing Facebook or Pinterest or even Twitter.GOTTA STOP!! I am one of those lucky girls that really must have a good solid 8 hours of sleep a night, in order to function in a good way. Must see to it that I get the sleep I need….NOW!!
- GET UP AND EXERCISE, HARD!! Something that Tamara Grand taught me last year, is that just because you have breasts doesn’t mean you can’t lift heavy (for you) weights! I had always been of the mindset that I shouldn’t lift weights that were heavier than 8 to 10 pounds. Through her Online Fitness Programs I learned that just because I’m a girl and kind of old doesn’t mean I shouldn’t and can’t lift heavier weights! When I was lifting weights on a regular basis, following her instructions and guidelines, I was gaining muscle mass (not at an alarming rate or size) and toning up all the flab that I hate so much. I was also losing weight! I also love to do cardio, so doing weights is hard for me, mentally! But, I like the way I feel when I am exercising HARD!! And yes, I am one of these people that needs to get up and get ‘er done right away! My day starts slow and speeds up and fast, so if I don’t do it as soon as I get up, it’s not going to get done!! BTW, Tamara has a great new program starting SOON!! I HIGHLY recommend signing up!! SHE’S AWESOME!! (I’m not being paid or asked to say that, it’s just what I believe and I want others to benefit from her expertise!!)
- EAT A GOOD HEALTHY BREAKFAST!! I’m normally really good about eating breakfast, but lately it’s just been off my radar. “Too busy”, “Too late in the day”, “Too whatever” it just hasn’t been happening!! GOTTA CHANGE this NOW!!
- FIGURE OUT HOW MY BODY NEEDS TO EAT TO BE AT ITS BEST!! I haven’t gotten this one figured out yet, but I do know that sugar and gluten are hurting MY body and so those two both need to disappear from my normal diet. I’m not saying it is best for everyone, but I know the things that are going on with me will improve when I remove them. I’m really giving the WHOLE30 Plan so serious consideration, but I want to finish reading the book, before I say definitely, yes. Regardless, I believe that gluten and sugar are both going to go away in 2015.
- GET MY SON AND I BACK ON TRACK WITH VITAMINS!! I’ve found some vitamin supplements that work for us and I know that we should be taking them, but get lazy and forget and forget again and again!! Gotta change this, too!!
- SPEND TIME EVERY DAY, RELAXING!! I know it sounds like I’ve got that one covered but the truth is I’m been relaxing to the point of excess, then I don’t really relax. I stress about relaxing too much. Yes, I know!! I’m weird! I need to relax by reading a book or taking a hot bath, or even doing some stretching or yoga poses, not by sitting on the computer for two hours a night. Something that will truly help me relax, both body and mind!
Okay, I have come up with these things (and a few more) that I need to take care of and figure out soon! I would love to hear what you have to think about as you near the new year! What did you do right this year? What did you do in a less than stellar way? What do you want to improve for next year? I would love to hear your thoughts!!