Heart Health Month is still going strong! Last week we suggested some winter friendly workouts to get your heart pumping. This week we’re talking heart-healthy nutrition.
Campbell Soup Company is dedicated to helping women care for their hearts by providing delicious, heart-healthy foods and recipes as part of their support of the American Heart Association. Certified Campbell’s products include Healthy Request® soups, V8 beverages, Prego pasta sauces and Pepperidge Farm whole-grain breads.
This long-standing partnership with the American Heart Association encourages women to incorporate delicious and easy-to-make Campbell’s heart-healthy products and recipes into their daily lives.
Have you heard about cauliflower crust pizza? This new gluten free crust is the latest craze for ALL kinds of eaters. It is a tasty and original twist on traditional pizza and there are a few different ways to make the crust, but the main ingredients generally include cauliflower, eggs, cheese, and spices.
We found a heart-healthy version over at Campbell’s Kitchen that we just had to share. For Campbell’s Pizza Primavera, cut up cauliflower is put into a food processor to form coarse crumbs. It is then combined with egg substitute and mozzarella cheese to form the pizza crust. The “sauce” is cream of mushroom soup that is topped with fresh tomatoes, red pepper and zucchini.
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut up
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup cholesterol-free egg substitute
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Healthy Request® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 small tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small zucchini, chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Heat the oven to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Place the cauliflower into a food processor. Cover and process until the cauliflower resembles coarse crumbs. Pour the cauliflower into a large microwavable bowl. Add the water. Cover the bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Drain the cauliflower well in a colander, pressing out all the liquid. Return the cauliflower to the bowl. Stir in the egg substitute and cheese. Firmly shape the cauliflower mixture into a 12-inch circle on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower crust is lightly browned and crisp.
- Spread the soup on the cauliflower crust to within 1/2 inch of the edge. Top with the tomato, pepper and zucchini.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with the basil.
Since you have some time while that pizza is baking in the oven, why not check out the Address Your Heart with Campbell’s Pinterest sweepstakes? By entering, you’ll b ein the running to win a variety of daily prizes – from heart-healthy products to bakeware and kitchen utensils – throughout American Heart Month this February.
Entering is simple! Visit www.addressyourheart.com today and complete the entry form and clicking “submit”. You can then also click “follow” on Pinterest to follow @CampbellKitchen and pin your favorite recipes with inspiration from the Campbell’s Address Your Heart Pinterest board.