Do you know what an activity tracker is? According to Wikipedia, “an activity tracker is a device or application for monitoring and tracking fitness-related metrics such as distance walked or run, calorie consumption, and in some cases heartbeat and quality of sleep.” I realize there are many activity trackers to choose from, but today, I am going to share with you the Polar Loop.
The Polar Loop is a stylish activity tracker that comes in several different colors. It tracks daily activity, exercise levels, monitors sleep patterns, gives instant motivational feedback and provides alerts to help users achieve personalized daily activity goals.
What I love about the Polar Loop:
- It is stylish, sleek and comfortable!
- The battery life is about 5-6 days and it easily charges through USB cable connected to my computer. Plus, there is a battery icon on the tracker showing you how much battery life you have left.
- It tracks my calories burned and steps taken. I have to admit I got addicted to checking my step count throughout the day and making sure I hit my goal by the end of the day!
- It is easy to use. You can set it up right out of the box fairly quickly. You can also set an activity goal and receive guidance on how to reach that goal.
- It tracks sleep patterns. This was eye opening for me. It breaks down your sleep patterns for you and apparently, I am not getting enough sleep nor am I getting enough deep sleep.
- The information from the Loop uploads to a Polar app on my computer where I can see all my information in one place. It was really interesting to compare days/weeks with activity and sleep and calories burned, etc all on one screen.
- It is waterproof which means you can track swim workouts, too.
- You have the option of purchasing a heart rate monitor and using that in conjunction with your Polar Loop to get an even more personalized information in regards to personal calories burned and the impact of exercise (burning fat vs. improving fitness). I did not use this function.
- I did put the Polar Loop app on my phone and used it a few times but I never utilized it much. I tried but I found navigating the Polar Loop information downloaded to my computer was easier on me (and my eyes).
I am loving my Polar Loop and want to share the love with you, so we are giving one away!
Giveaway is open to residents of the United States and begins 2/27/15 and ends on 3/6/15 at 11:59CST. Polar provided one Polar Loop to me for review purposes and an identical one to giveaway. As always, opinions are all my own.