Wait…do you not know what C25K is? Uh, oh…this is a little awkward, but don’t worry it’s not like you’re getting picked last for the dodgeball team in P.E. Our team is never-ending here at the Sisterhood, and you’re welcome to join in anytime!
So, C25K stands for couch to 5K <– as in starting from scratch (getting your butt off the couch) and training to run 3.1 miles, or a 5K race. Yeah, it’s all about running, so if you’re in the wrong class, you can go ahead and excuse yourself out the back door…. Okay, back to it. The training takes place over NINE weeks, so don’t worry, you won’t be expected to run 30 whole minutes right away. C25K starts you out really slowly, and that’s good because if you’ve never run before, it’s kinda hard when you first start!
When you’re all done with your training, we have an awesome virtual race taking place on Halloween!!! It’s exactly 9 weeks out, so don’t worry about checking your calendar (we did it for you!). Nothing beats celebrating a completed C25K program than running a legit race and getting a MEDAL. Seriously. If you’ve never gotten a finishers medal, I’ll tell you now, it’s addicting. And we have the awesome-est medals & race shirts. You can find more details on The Great Pumpkin Dash, and how to register, here.
What you need to start with our C25K running program:
- Read this post – it will tell you what you need to do get started with running. We’re talking basics, not a novel, and no report will be due at the end of the week. Promise!
- Check out our fitness calendar! We’ve put together an awesome fitness calendar to go along with our C25K program. It’s basically some great (NOT HARD) strength training you can add in on off-days.
- Like our Run With The Sisterhood FB page. It’s the most amazing running FB page around, and we’ll have weekly C25K check-in posts so you can brag or whine or ask questions or post post-run selfies. All forms of comments are welcome, and we promise to be there for you!
- Make sure you’ve downloaded the C25K app – there are many of them out there, but this one from Active is our favorite.
- Set your alarm for bright and early tomorrow morning so you can get up and BECOME A RUNNER! If you tend to sleep through alarms, set 3 of them.
- Don’t doubt yourself. You really can do it, and we’ll be here to cheer you on. Heck, I’ll be going through the program WITH YOU. Yep, I’m starting from scratch (for the 100th time) after an injury (not related to running) and then a lazy summer.
If you’re new to running, then you’ll want to check out our running section here at the Sisterhood. We have HUNDREDS of posts, from professional runners to newbies like you, covering every topic and question you might have. Seriously. You’ll find all the answers and motivation you need.
If you’re looking for a particular topic, just use the search feature over there in the sidebar. It’s up near the top.
So I think that’s it! If you have any questions, hit us up in the comments below. Otherwise, we’ll meet you tomorrow morning bright and early for our W1D1 (week one, day one) of C25K. BREAK!