- Food nourishes my body, but I nourish my soul.
- I love and approve of myself.
- Step by step and rep by rep, I am creating my ideal body.
- My life is what I make of it and today I chose to make it a healthy place to be.
- I am shedding the pounds as I shed the self doubt.
- A fit, healthy person lives within me.
- The longer I exercise the the stronger I get and the stronger i get the longer I exercise.
- Every physical activity I take part in takes me close to my ideal weight.
- I can do it.
- Every passing second, the distance is getting smaller and smaller.
- My stamina goes on increasing with every step.
- Day by day, in every way, I am getting better and better.
- I alone have the power to control my health.
- I am now claiming that health and fitness are rightfully mine.
- I ensure my well-being by the healthy choices I make.
- I plan to live a long and healthy life.
- Eating healthy foods makes me look and feel better.
- Every day I become a more nutrition-conscious cook.
- I love my body and treat it with respect by choosing nutritional foods.
- I believe in my ability to follow my diet right to the end.
Creating and embracing a positive affirmation can be great for your both your heart and body. As everyone knows, one of the biggest challenges is staying motivated. A good affirmation will capture the heart of why you want to change, in a way that speaks to you.
During a rougher time in my life when I felt everyone was in control of me except for me, I had a thought – “I am the captain of my own ship” – and it was life-changing. It gave me the power to take things into my own hands and start to stand up for myself.
Fast forward a few years and I no longer need to remind myself I am my own captain. Now, my affirmation is “You are worth it””. Being busy taking care of the baby, fiancé, our pets, and our household is an enormous task. When you add in making time to build relationships with family and friends, finding time to help myself is hard. Hard and necessary. I constantly have to remind myself of the simple fact that I am worth it. Spending a few extra minutes on dinner so that it’s healthier, leaving dad and baby at home while I work out, taking time for a hot bath… It’s all okay because I’m worth it.
Finding your affirmation sometimes comes easily – like my “aha!” moment when I realized I was in charge of my life. Other times, not so much. To help you out, I’ve gathered a list of affirmations. Maybe one will speak to you!
These are just a few of the many, many affirmations out there. You can create one yourself, use on you’ve just read, or try to more options through the Internet or talking with friends. If you already have an affirmation you use, what is it? Why does that particular one speak to you?
(Visited 1,024 times, 1 visits today)