If I hear another commercial on the radio telling the men (and children by default) in our lives that what mothers really want for Mother’s Day is a 24-karat dipped rose or a gigantic teddy bear or footie pajamas I will YANK the radio out of my dashboard and throw it out on the highway. All those ridiculous commercials have forced me to create a list of what mothers really want for mother’s day.
Women, do we *really* want 6-foot stuffed animals or coverall pajamas? Last time I checked I was in the midst of peri-menopause hormonal shifts and the thought of wearing pajamas at all sounds like a living hell. And, I’ve instituted a BAN on stuffies in my house (kids=stuffy hoarders) so why on God’s green earth would I want a larger than life bear? In my bedroom?
So, let me tell you What Mother’s Really Want for Mother’s Day:
Time alone, time with family, dinner OUT, shoes, jewelry, books, wine, coffee, chocolate. Yes, these are the things we want, and the things you told us YOU wanted on Facebook. We here at the Sisterhood got together to come up with some of our very favorite things to help you out a little more. Just leave this up on your laptop, or send the link to your SO to give them the hint ;) They’ll thank you for it, because shopping for Mother’s Day can be hard!
Christy’s Top Picks for Mother’s Day
- Moccamaster coffee maker: This coffee maker makes the best cup of coffee I’ve ever had.
- Caffee Ladro coffee: When I’m longing for a *reeeaaaalllly* good cup ‘o joe, I order a few bags of Queen Anne or their signature Ladro blend.
- Bose QuietComfort Noise Canceling Headphones: Need I say more? They cancel noise.
- Plant Therapy Just For Women essential oil roll-on set: I absolutely adore and swear by the quality of Plant Therapy’s essential oils.
- Sweet Girl, Party Girl, and Smart Girl by Rachel Hollis: This series made me laugh out loud, and left me wanting for more.
Melissa’s Top Picks for Mother’s Day
- Clarisonic Mia 3 Facial Sonic Cleansing System: Nothing makes your skin feel cleaner!
- NuFACE Limited Edition Trinity Facial Trainer Kit: It’s for your *face*! Getting old is hard, y’all.
- Unicorn Puke Candle from The Burlap Bag: Guaranteed to make your day brighter.
- LUSH Bath Bombs: You know, for those times when you have enough time to bathe alone.
- Bed|Stu Soto Dress Sandal: Because cute shoes are a must.
For the Shoe Lover:
- New Balance ProCourt Crusin: Cute, vintage sneakers perfect for shorts or a sundress!
- Tieks Ballet Flats: A personal favorite of the Sisterhood! Yes, we think they’re worth it.
- Brooks Glycerin 13 Women’s Running: A great neutral, cushion running shoe.
- Vionic Orthaheel Flipflops: Perfect for those of you with plantar fasciitis.
For the Fitness Minded Mom:
- Fitbit Blaze: Fun, fashionable fitness tracking.
- The Vintage Pearl Run Like a Girl necklace: If you’ve completed a half, you’ve earned this bling!
- Core Run Capri from Title Nine: A good pair of running capris are worth their weight in gold.
- Balega Running Socks: Comfortable and they keep your feet happy!
Just for Fun:
- StitchFix Gift Card: Every mom could use a personal shopper!
- SpaFinder Gift Card: Buy online and use at more than 25,000 locations.
- PopSugar Must Have Subscription Box: One of my favorite things to get every month
- Give Wine: Mom + Wine = Happy!
For the Foodie:
- Instant Pot 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker: This is my new kitchen love. I use my Instant Pot several times a week. It has replaced my Crock Pot and my rice cooker. Plus it makes yogurt…
- Vitamix 5200: The highly coveted Vitamix. This one makes hot soup. I mean…
- Fifty Shades of Chicken Cookbook: Hilarious AND useful. We all need more chicken recipes!
- Joseph Joseph 9 Piece Compact Mixing Bowl, Food Prep and Measuring Set: Bright and fun and functional. Perfect for a small kitchen.
- J.A. Henckels Santoku Knife: Everyone needs a good knife. I use this bad boy daily.
Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links. We were not paid to promote any of these products; they are truly items that we own and love!