(Cue Lorrie Morgan song…) These are a few of my favorite things -health and fitness related of course! :o)
1. My iPod. I could not and WOULD NOT exercise without this baby. I have a 30GB that I got for Christmas a few years ago and it is not even close to being even HALF full! I have to say those iPod Touch gadgets look awfully cool too! Hint, hint.
2. (Men’s) Asics Gel-Kinsei 2. Yes, I am aware that I am a woman. I have struggled with finding the perfect fit in running shoes for so long. I have suffered from knee pain, plantar fasciitis, and various other aches and pains. A woman at Scheel’s recommended these to me a few months ago and seriously people, they are wonderful.
3. Sigg bottles. These water bottles are fabulous. A little pricey, but well worth it. You can reuse and reuse and let me tell ya, the bottles can sure take a beating! I take mine everywhere with me and my kids all take theirs to school every morning.
4. Mountain Hardwear Monkey Fleece Jacket. It is so soft and warm. This jacket is lightweight but is able to keep me surprisingly toasty in these brutal northern temperatures! I have it in espresso.
5. Fiber One bars. I grab one of these each morning when I head out to take the twins to school and before I hit the gym. The bars keep me going through my workout and they taste GOOD.
6. My Garmin. It allows me to track my pace, time, distance, and even my heart rate while walking and running outdoors. This is great for those of us who live out in the country where it is hard to map out how far we go.
7. The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Team In Training. Raise money for a wonderful organization while getting fit and training for an event such as a half marathon or triathlon. The money raised is used to fund research for cures of leukemia, myeloma, and lymphoma, etc. and also to help financially assist the patients and their families. I participated in (and finished!) the Steamboat Springs half marathon in June of 2007 and found it to be one of the most rewarding experiences of my lifetime so far.
And there you have it folks, a few of my favorite things! What’s on your list?
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)