I love food. That’s nothing new. Whenever I stumble upon a recipe that tastes delicious AND is somewhat healthy for you, then I feel like I have won the lottery-wahoo!
This is one of those Lottery-feeling recipes, oh yes it is. The first time I made this recipe, it was from the WW website a few years ago. However, for the life of me, I cannot find that recipe online anymore. So the next best thing- I recreated the recipe from memory and then added some stuff that I thought would make the dish even better.
Crock Pot BBQ Chicken
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- one can of diet coke
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 4-6 medium size potatoes, peeled and cut up in chunks
- one onion, cut up in large chunks
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- seasoned pepper, to taste
- Layer everything in your crockpot in this order: onions, potatoes, chicken, diet coke, ketchup, brown sugar, seasoned pepper
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
This recipe rocked! My kids slurped up their plates and then asked for seconds. We were all clamoring for the last bits in the crock pot. My 5 yr old daughter couldn’t stop gushing about how yummy it was and she asked me to make it again the next night. My favorite part was the potatoes and as long as you measure out your portions, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. Next time, I think I will add some chopped up carrots to the mix.
(Visited 28 times, 1 visits today)