I know, it’s the dead of winter and the last thing you want to do is venture into the cold to exercise. Exercise is so very important on many different levels. Let’s talk about the some of the benefits:
1. Your mood will improve! Have you ever been just in the absolute crappiest mood, yet forced yourself to exercise anyway? (I do this all the time!) The workout may be a struggle but you will feel so much better after you complete it. Exercise stimulates a variety of chemicals in the brain, which will leave you feeling happier. And of course, exercise makes you look and FEEL better!
2. Exercise will help combat chronic disease. Need to manage high-blood pressure? Ward off Type 2 diabetes? Osteoporosis? Get moving!
3. Exercise will help you drop the pounds! When you exercise, you burn calories. The more intensely you exercise, the more calories you burn — and the easier it is to keep your weight under control. Dedicated workouts are great, but activity you accumulate throughout the day helps you burn calories, too.
4. Exercise strengthens your heart and lungs. Exercise delivers oxygen and nutrients to your tissues. In fact, regular exercise helps your entire cardiovascular system — the circulation of blood through your heart and blood vessels — work more efficiently. The more efficient your heart and lungs, the more energy you will have. Who doesn’t need more energy?!
5. You will sleep better. A good night’s sleep can improve your concentration, productivity and mood. And, you guessed it, exercise is sometimes the key to better sleep. Regular exercise can help you fall asleep faster and deepen your sleep.
6. Better sex life! Of course, exercise can make you look and feel better which in return will make you more confident during sex. But did you know that the improved circulation in your body from regular exercise may actually make sex more satisfying? And listen up men! Regular exercise can help prevent erectile dysfunction, especially as you get older! Not to mention that sex itself is exercise! BONUS!
7. You might have FUN! Find something you enjoy and stick with it! Dancing, aerobics, spinning, tennis, soccer, swimming, running… you name it. As long as you enjoy it and it gets your heart pumping, it counts!
There you go, seven reasons to get that blood flowin’ and heart pumping!
Source: Mayo Clinic.
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)