I know alot of us are stay at home moms, and that can only mean one thing! Our kids are out of school for the summer and we have no idea how we’re going to fill the waking hours, muchless find time for us to exercise. Am I right, or am I right?
I’ve come up with a few ideas, most of which I will use everyday, to help make sure I get my exercise in during these dog days of summer!
- Let them join in the jump rope challenge with you!
- Go for a walk. Simple, but so effective in burning off that extra energy that seems to be endless. If your kids are younger, strap them into the stroller and hit the pavement!
- Dance like no one’s watching! Crank up the music and shake it with your kids. You’ll work up a sweat, burn lots of calories, and your kids with think you’re the best ever.
- Push your kids on the swings. After every push complete one squat just to mix it up.
- Race! That’s right. Get out there and race with your kids. Every kid loves a good competition and running short, quick sprints is a great way to get in some cardio.
- Go to the zoo! A daylong trip to the zoo equals lots of walking and calories burned.
- Hit the pool. Have you ever tried to keep up with a toddler at the pool? Yeah, lots of hard work and good exercise. Just make sure they’re wearing an approved flotation device.
When all else fails, and you can’t get out of the house, you can always pop in your Jillian Michaels Shred DVD and let your kids join in! My son LOVES to do it with me, and as long as I give him a specific area of the room to stay in, the company’s not so bad! Last week when Lisa was visiting, we even used the Shred DVD to mix it up a little when the kids were tired of playing outside! They did Level 2 from beginning to end and had a blast! See for yourselves.Some other options:
- If you have Wii or Playstation, Dance Dance Revolution is a fun, family centered way to get in some exercise!
- There are also many workout DVDs geared toward kids and parents working out together. We’ve just added several to the Sisterhood Amazon.com store!
Let us know how you share fitness with your kids! All of us can benefit from other’s ideas.
(Visited 11 times, 1 visits today)