I hail from a moderately sized city, nestled between Vancouver, B.C. and Seattle – Bellingham, Washington.
I lived there most of my life until my recent move to the Seattle area, and while I was in Bellingham, I became familiar with a fabulous company called Baker’s Breakfast Cookies – now known as Erin Baker’s Wholesome Baked Goods.
The first time I ever tried a Baker’s Breakfast Cookie was while I was a personal assistant during college. Part of my job description was to make sure my boss’s freezer was constantly stocked with his two favorite flavors – Chocolate Chunk and Fruit and Nut.
I am not exaggerating when I say this man ate AT LEAST TWO EVERY DAY. One for breakfast and one for lunch. And by the time I stopped working for him, I was a fiend too.
At that time, Baker’s was housed in a small warehouse in downtown Bellingham.
Times have changed. In addition to moving to a larger locale, Erin Baker’s Wholesome Baked Goods now offers a bounty of delicious, healthful products.
So, why am I so crazy about these cookies (and brownie bites and granola)? Check it out:
Erin Bakers Wholesome Baked Goods NEVER contain: high fructose corn syrup, trans fats, artificial colors or flavors, hydrogenated oils or artificial additives.
What do they contain? All natural ingredients, expeller pressed oils, omega-3’s, antioxidants, and natural fruit purees.
And here are some more Baker’s facts from their site:
-One Double Chocolate Chunk Breakfast Cookie has more antioxidants than a serving of blueberries, red grapes and broccoli combined!
– One Original Breakfast Cookie has a full serving of Whole Grains.
– Brownie Bites are made with Belgian Chocolate and are 100 calories or less.
– Ultra Protein Power Crunch has 8 grams of protein per serving!
– Homestyle Granola is only sweetened with Honey and Maple Syrup.
– Their products contain Prune Puree which has the highest antioxidant rating of any fruit or vegetable.
– All of our products use all natural sweeteners.
– Chicory Root is a natural fiber that increases the level of beneficial live active cultures.
– The Vegan products are crafted with only plant derived ingredients.
Cool, huh? I think so.
Some other reasons I love Erin Baker’s Wholesome Baked Goods? They’re a company that is hugely involved in many great causes. For instance, they sponsor a triathlon team. Their Ultra Power Protien Crunch Granola is the official granola of Ironman.
And one thing that I find particularly wonderful is the Baker’s Healthy Start Foundation. During the ski season, they set up a tent at a local ski area, and offer children a healthy breakfast of a breakfast cookie or cup of granola before they go out and ski. All proceeds from all Baker’s products sold at the ski area go towards the Winter Ride Program, which provides ski scholarships and gear to children who might otherwise never get a chance to learn to ski (or snowboard). This program especially hits home for me, as I grew up at the base of that mountain and know that there are A LOT of underpriveledged kids in that community.
Cleary, Erin Baker’s Wholesome Baked Goods is a pretty special company offering some outstanding products. I bet you’re just dying to try a Breakfast Cookie, or maybe some Organic Brownie Bites. Perhaps granola?
Well, it just so happens that they have offered a box of their delicious AND healthful products to one of our lucky readers. I KNOW!
You can enter three times by:
1) Going over and visiting Erin Baker’s Wholesome Baked Goods and having a look around. Come back here and tell me what product you’re dying to try in the comment section.
2) Blog about this review and giveaway on your blog and link in the comments.
3) Tweet, and link in the comments.
All entries must be in by 8:00 pm PST on Tuesday, September 8. The winner will be chosen randomly and be announced on Wednesday morning. Good luck!
Source (data and graphic): www.bbcookies.com
(Visited 233 times, 1 visits today)