The winner of the Hungry Girl giveaway is…
Crystal over at Bye-Bye Fat Pants! Congratulations, Crystal! Please email me at [email protected] with your mailing address.
Thanks to everyone for participating!
For quite a while now, I’ve been clicking over to the Hungry Girl website looking for substitutions and fake-outs for some of my favorite recipes.
What/who is Hungry Girl, you ask? Hungry Girl is the brainchild of Lisa Lillien, a self proclaimed foodologist. The website is chock full of fabulous tips and mouth watering yet health conscious recipes.
My personal favorite part of the website is called Chew the Right Thing. Here you can find items from popular chains and brands, with the (horrific) nutrition information and an awesome Hungry Girl swap. How cool is that?
Of course, I couldn’t go on and on about Hungry Girl without throwing a quick little recipe your way! I hand picked this one from Hungry Girl 200 Under 200, Lisa Lillien’s latest cookbook (which is completely fabulous, by the way!).
Marshmallow Fudge Mania (just in time for the Holidays!)
One 18.3 ounce box Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies Traditional Chewy Brownie Mix
2 cups canned pure pumpkin
1/2 cup Jet Puffed Marshmallow Creme, room temp, divided
2 tablespoons Hershey’s Lite chocolate syrup
Preheat oven to 350.
In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin with brownie mix and stir until smooth. And chocolate syrup and stir until blended. Batter will be thick, but don’t add anything else!
Spray a square baking pan (9 in x 9 in) with nonstick spray. Spread half the batter into the pan. Spoon half of the marshmallow creme on top and use a knife to swirl it around the top of the batter.
Spread remaining brownie batter evenly over the top. Then spoon the rest of the marshmallow creme on top and again use a knife to swirl it around.
Bake in the oven for 35 minutes. Batter will remain very thick and fudgy and it should look undercooked.
Allow fudge to cool, then cover he pan with foil and refridgerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 36 squares.
Makes 36 servings.
Nutrition info per serving: 66 calories, 0.5 g fat, 51 mg sodium, 14.5 g carbs, 0.75 g fiber, 9.5 g sugar, 0.5 g protien
Now that I’ve given you a sneak peek, I bet you’re intrigued. And, guess what!? I have a copy of Hungry Girl 200 Under 200 to give away to one lucky reader!
- Go to Hungry Girl, snoop around and leave a comment on this post telling us your favorite part of the site, be it a recipe, a tip, whatever!
- For an extra entry, follow us on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Be sure to leave an additional comment about your tweet!
- For another entry, subscribe to our feed. Be sure to leave an additional comment letting us know you subscribed (or are already a subscriber).
- Join the ‘hood. We have SO MUCH FUN OVER THERE! Then, leave another comment and let us know you’re a member!
Now for the fine print:
- This contest is open to US and Canadian residents.
- Contest ends today, November 15th, at MIDNIGHT Pacific time.
- Winner will be chosen via random.org and announced tomorrow. Please be sure to leave your email address so we can contact you! Winner has 48 hours to claim prize, and unclaimed prized will be relisted for giveaway.
Disclosure: Hungry Girl has sponsored this giveaway. The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans did not receive monetary considerations for writing this post. Hungry Girl logo courtesy of hungrygirl.com.
(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)