Christie O.’s Class
January 22, 2010
Five Reasons I Rock
- I started running this summer and actually stuck with it – even though I had to do it pushing a stroller. There were many days where I just wanted to throw the towel in – but I didn’t. Which for me – well, that’s huge.
- When something is wrong, I say so – and I’ve finally begun to just NOT CARE if people don’t like hearing the truth. That said, I can stop myself short of being mean. Can is the operative word in that sentence…
- I honestly want to help people – be it through this site, or elsewhere. I don’t feel like I am doing my part as a human being if I am not making someone’s life easier/better. Sometimes this can almost be a fault, but I kind of like that about myself. I think empathy is one of the most important traits, and I want to pass it on to my child.
- For a girl, I’m pretty strong. For a long time, I wasn’t, but all this working out has helped me build back up. Sometimes I surprise myself with the things I can move or lift if left to my own devices. I guess that would be a mix of strength, impatience and determination!
- I am running a half marathon. To me, that’s incredible, unbelievable and, well…AWESOME! I’m still kind of in shock.
Whew. That was interesting!
Why do YOU rock?