Comments Closed. Winners are Leann H., BabyBoy3, Tami, PrairieKnitWit, and SkinnySushi. Please forward your home address and phone number to [email protected] as soon as possible. Conrats!
Summer is quickly approaching and I don’t know about you guys, but I am scrambling for ways to keep my three children busy, active, and NOT driving me bonkers!
Teaching my children how to make nutritious choices and to encourage eating healthily is important to me. Just as important is helping them choose and enjoy an active, “let’s get moving” lifestyle.
Weight Watchers has come out with a new book- Eat! Move! Play!- that addresses these issues, a book that focuses on the family unit, understanding that we moms play a HUGE role in the food choices our children make and how active (or NOT active) our children live.
An excerpt from the Weight Watchers website about the book:
Whether it’s 24/7 snacking, daily fast-food runs, or nonstop video-game marathons, nowadays it’s tougher than ever to get kids to eat right and move more. Yet it is possible to encourage nutritious eating habits and a healthy active lifestyle in your kids—if you have the right tools.
Weight Watchers Eat! Move! Play! gives you trusted information on how to develop and maintain the right habits for keeping the whole family happy and healthy.Designed to help you become a healthier role model for your children, Weight Watchers Eat! Move! Play! demystifies the four vitally important elements for a healthy lifestyle, including developing a positive body image; a taste for wholesome, nutritious foods; smart eating habits; and a love of physical activity.
In addition, Weight Watchers Eat! Move! Play!
- Presents five simple rules that all families can live by for keeping the household fit
- Supplies quizzes and self-assessments for parents to understand their parenting styles better
- Explains what a healthy weight is for a child, while providing advice on how to talk to children—and their pediatricians—about healthy weight and nutrition
- Delivers hundreds of doable tips, ideas, and checklists to help parents implement the best practices for eating healthier and moving more
- Includes more than 75 kid-friendly recipes that encourage children—from toddlers to school-age to help out in the kitchenWeight Watchers Eat! Move! Play! shows that when followed consistently, just a few simple household rules and practices are all it takes to get and keep your family living a healthy, active lifestyle.
Anyone that has a relationship of any sort with a child can gain useful knowledge from Eat! Move! Play!- grandparents, aunts/uncles, caregivers, etc. It gives pratical, easy to follow activities and recipes for the entire family to follow. Not only that, it talks sensibly to us moms about our children and how to positively influence them.
The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans will be starting a new challenge on June 1st that actively targets moms and their children and getting us to be more active. Stay tuned for details!
We are giving away FIVE COPIES of Eat! Move! Play! to our readers.
- Tell us what you most look forward to doing this Summer with your children (grandchildren/niece/nephew). We want to know!
- For an extra entry, follow Weight Watchers on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway! Be sure you’re following the Sisterhood on Twitter so we’ll see your tweet, and make sure to come back and leave a separate comment for the extra entry.
- Become a fan of the Sisterhood on Facebook and tell your friends about this giveaway in your status.
- Contest ends Wednesday, May 26th at 11:59pm PST. Winners will be chosen randomly.
For those of you who are chomping at the bit to purchase your own copy of Eat! Move! Play, you can do so HERE!
Disclosure: The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans received review copies of Eat! Move! Play! from Weight Watchers. No monetary compensation was provided. Of course, as always, the opinions expressed are our own!
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)