Ahhhhh yes. Summertime is upon us. Which can only mean one thing. Swimsuit time Will I ever wear a bikini again? Probably not since the last time I wore one was over 15 years, before 3 pregnancies, and a *few* pounds less. I’m still searching for that miracle bathing suit that lifts the “girls”, minimizes my squishy tummy and magically shaves the cellulite off of my thighs.
So yeah, I need this challenge like I need exercise. That means I need it badly. I still have some unwanted pounds lingering around and I am ready to banish them forever. But this post isn’t supposed to be about me, it’s supposed to be about the new challenge. I get distracted easily : ).
We liked this challenge so much last year that we are bringing it back again this year: Shrinking Days of Summer!
OK, here are the deets for the new challenge:
- 8 weeks long (Starting today May 26, Ending July 21st)
- Mini challenges every week, running Sunday-Saturday (basically we will give you a task, whether fitness-related, health-related, mental well-being or whatever and each of us will focus on that task for the week)
- Be on the lookout for a new *Family* challenge that we will be starting in conjunction with our friends over at Weight Watchers. It will be fantastically awesome and something that you can do with your children!
- We’ve created a group over at the ‘Hood specifically for this challenge. If you are already a member of the ‘Hood, then head on over there and RSVP for some extra support. If you aren’t a member yet, then click here to become a member and then join our new Shrinking Days of Summer group. I’m here to tell you that the ‘Hood is awesome and a great tool to receive and give extra support for your journey.
- Weigh in every Wednesday (including today). Let us know how you did- how much did you lose/gain, what struggles did you have, what were the positives of the week. Blog about it and post the link in the comments. You will do this every week : ).
Also, since I am so full of news today, I wanted to give ya’ll I’m a good ole Texas girl I tell ya a heads up that our daily posting schedule is changing just a tiny bit. Our new schedule looks like this:
- Monday- Mailbag Monday (we answer questions from you, our loyal readers. I am sure you just have a million questions that you want to ask me the Sisterhood. It can be anything- personal or otherwise! Email questions to [email protected])
- Tuesday- True Confession (we like this one too much to get rid of it)
- Wednesday- our favorite, Weigh-In Wednesday
- Thursday- Thursday Threes (another oldie but goodie)
- Friday- Food Friday/Focus on Fitness (alternating Fridays)
- Saturday- The Saturday Review (where we review our favorite products)
- Sunday- Sister Spotlight (we’re bringing this one back- we have so many Sisters that we need to get to know!)
Ya’ll got that?! Now go weigh-in already and come back here and share the good news.
(Visited 11 times, 1 visits today)