I made this salad last Summer when visiting with Christy at her Hill Country abode. It was deliciously fresh and simple and yummy and all of our children ate it up. Yes, five children eating salad- it really did happen.
In fact, if I had some strawberries in the house, I would totally be making this tonight. This salad is so good that it could very well make me get up and go to the grocery store with ALL three of my kids in tow. Now, THAT’S saying something about how much I like this salad, isn’t it?
Strawberry-Basil Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette (source: Cooking Light) Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 cups sliced strawberries (1 pound)
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil
1. Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add romaine lettuce, sliced strawberries, sliced onion, and torn basil; toss gently to coat. Serve salad immediately.
(Visited 990 times, 1 visits today)