So it’s Friday and it’s my turn to share with you something food-related. I could talk about fiber and how good it is for you or I could talk about the benefits of any host of fruits and veggies, BUT I would rather share with you a recipe, because I like to cook and I like to try new recipes and I like to eat.
Lucky you : ).
Dessert, did someone say dessert? We don’t eat dessert with every meal, maybe only once a week, but my kids wished we did. I am always on the hunt for easy, light desserts, not only for me but for them. This recipe comes my new, favorite cookbook- Cooking Light’s Fresh Food Fast Weeknight Meals. It is the da’ bomb. For realz. Go out and buy it right now. I promise, you will love it.
You can thank me later.
Please ignore the obscene amount of whipped cream on top!
Lemon Pudding Cake (courtesy of: Cooking Lights Fresh Food Fast Weeknight Meals)
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix (such as Jiffy….I just used a regular yellow cake mix and measured out 9 ounces)
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 lemon
- cooking spray
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 2 cups mixed berries (used whatever is on sale or that you have on hand- for me, that meant strawberries and blueberries)
- frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Grate rind, and squeeze juice from lemon to measure 1 teaspoon and 2 tablespoons, respectively. Stir rind and juice into batter just until blended. Spoon batter into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour boiling water over batter (DO NOT STIR).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Spoon cake into 8 individual serving bowls; top with berries and whipped topping, if desired. Serve warm. Yield 8 servings (serving size: 1/8 of cake and 1/4 cup berries).
Nutritional Info: Calories 168; Fat 3.4g (Sat 1g); Pro 2.4g; Carb 33.2g Fiber 0.9g;
Tell me, does this look yummy to you, like something you might make one day? Go ahead, be truthful.
(Visited 63 times, 1 visits today)