August 31, 2010 By lisa
- One of my best friends is getting married this weekend. I am a bridesmaid in her wedding. The wedding is in Ohio. The husband and I will be traveling there for a few days, leaving the kids in the loving care of their grandparents- squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- I may be the slowest person ever to lose weight- it feels like it is taking forever to lose what I want to lose. However, my body has changed shape with all the exercise and running over the last year. I am a Size 12 and hope to be in a Size 10 within a few months (I am 5′ 6″ for anyone wondering). Since we are actually going away for the weekend, I thought this special occasion called for new clothing duds.
- I had a very short amount of time to shop when I stepped into Buckle, a store that I had never stepped into before. Before today, the store intimidated me with it’s cute, urban styles and seemingly small-looking clothes. Previously, I thought to myself, “there is no way these hips that have borne 3 children in 5 years will ever fit into THOSE clothes”. Today, I decided to give it a try and see what happened.
- I am so glad I did. The store was empty and I had two eager, stylish, enthusiastic, hip associates to help me with pulling things together. I learned how to layer and to piece things together, including shoes and accessories. It was awesome and I thought, Man it is FUN to shop when things actually FIT and when I like what I see in the mirror *cue angels singing*.
- Sure, I still need to lose a bit more and sure, I still have a muffin top, BUT overall, I like what I see.
- From playground mom to hip, cool mom.