Damn, I feel awesome and so proud of myself.
You know that fitness challenge we have going on right now? The one called “Fastest Mile”. It just started today and I decided to take the challenge and see what my body could do.
- I did a warm-up mile of 2:1 (2 min jog/1 min walk)- 13 min
- Pause and stretch. Then I took off for my “fastest mile”.
- Drum roll, please……
- I clocked my “fastest mile” at 10:15 min- woot woot!!!!!!
- Stop, caught my breathe for a few minutes and then took off for my last mile
- Clocked mile 3 at 10:40 min- another woot woot!!!! Interestingly enough, the last 1/2 mile was mostly UPHILLand by the time I got to the last 1/4 mile I was ready to throw in the towel and give up. However, “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey came on my iPod and I instantly thought of Bari and how she loves that song and how SHE wouldn’t give up at the end and so I DIDN’T GIVE UP and I kept going. Thanks Bari- you got me to the “finish” line, girl!!!
My “normal” pace is 12-12:30/min miles so this is an AWESOME pace for me. I know it will not be the “fastest mile” out there. I will leave that to the pro runners, like Kirsten and Christie O…..possibly even Christy. However, this is a personal best FOR ME and isn’t that what this all about?
I am totally pumping my fist in the air…..TOTALLY.