Howdy pardners! Our first week of the hoedown is done and gone and it was a blaring success for all of us, right? RIGHT? We kept our food in check, racked up those fitness minutes, and supported our teammates to the best of our abilities!
The holidays are upon us, and that means pies and turkey and gravy and cookies and CHEX MIX. (My stomach growled just THINKING about it.) We need to remember that we can enjoy our holiday meals without unbuttoning our jeans by simply practicing moderation and kicking up the exercise a notch. Unless you are like me and decided to go no-carb for the week of Thanksgiving. Dumb idea.
How did you do with your first non-fitness challenge? I hope you took the initiative and sat down to think about what you would like to get out of the next 6 weeks. Goals are good, people.
Let’s get down to business…
- Trot on over to that scale of yours and mount. (I had to, sorry.) Report that number on the form below, as well as how many exercise minutes you got this week! Remember, only actual time devoted to exercise counts! Then, go to your little writing space and tell us about your week’s successes and not-so-successes! Link up below.
- Make sure you report your results by 9 p.m. Central time so that Christy and I have time to calculate and tabulate and work our magic! Tomorrow, we will unveil the very first Holiday Hoedown Leaderboards! EXCITING!
- If you are new to the challenge and want to join in, you may form your own team or participate as an individual! Email us at [email protected] with your info!
Here are the challenges for the week:
- FITNESS CHALLENGE: We will be continuing on with exercise minutes. Classes at the gym, running, weightlifting, basketball… if it’s exercise, it counts! Track your minutes from Wednesday until Tuesday night. Make sure you join us on Tuesday nights for our #tworkout on Twitter!
- NON-FITNESS CHALLENGE: I’m sure those of you who participated in Shrinkvivor were just WAITING for this one. Yup. You guessed it. WATER!!!!!! Hydrate, people! Try and drink at least half your body weight in ounces each day!
Be sure to post the fitness and non-fitness challenges in your groups on the HOOD so you guys can work on them together!
Each Wednesday, we will be randomly giving away prizes to our challenge participants! This week we are excited to announce that one lucky winner will be receiving a month’s supply (30 coupons) of Voskos Greek yogurt!
Melissa on Voskos: I have always loved yogurt, but never been much of a fan of the Greek yogurt. I have tried it on a few different occasions and just didn’t like the taste. That changed after I tried the Voskos Greek yogurt. While I still am not a fan of eating the plain Greek yogurt, well, plain, I have to say that the flavored varieties are delicious! The exotic fig and blueberry are so yummy! My seven-year-olds even insisted on bringing the yogurt for their snacks at school. I hope to see Voskos in stores around my part of the country soon!
Christy on Voskos: I’m a yogurt lover, and after being introduced to homemade Greek yogurt (to die for) in a fancy Beverly Hills hotel earlier this year, I’ve been on a mission to find something like it. Voskos has hit the nail on the head. Even the fat free Greek yogurt is so creamy you’d never in a million years guess it’s just that – fat free! My favorite flavor by far is the Honey Vanilla and my kids adore the blueberry and honey varieties. I’ve used plain Voskos as a trade out for oil in some recipes, and even made my own homemade ranch with it. Yummy!
My local grocery store doesn’t carry Voskos yet, but I was excited to see the Whole Foods in San Antonio does, and you can bet I’ll be stocking up on my bi-monthly Whole Foods trips! Want to win this awesome giveaway from Voskos? Simply weigh-in on time and leave a comment on this post or weigh-in and blog about your week and link to Linky! Do both and you will get TWO entries! AND the team that wins the fitness challenge this week will automatically get an extra entry into today’s giveaway! Winner will be announced tomorrow in the leaderboard post! Good luck!
This month we’re working on the Taste of the Sisterhood and we’re sharing recipes here on a daily basis and they’ve been delicious! We’ve also been featuring one of YOUR recipes each week and if you want to submit yours, you can email it to [email protected] and we might make it and feature it in the Monthly Project post on Mondays! Thank you to ATTUNE for sponsoring the Taste of the Sisterhood! If you’re new here, go ahead, check out all the fabulous recipes we’ve been featuring all month!
Happy Thanksgiving to all! We are thankful for YOU, our amazing friends and readers!
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)