- Start drinking extra water right now. Yes, now. Right this very minute in fact. Go fill up and I’ll be here when you get back.
- Wake up on Thursday morning and get out of the house. First thing! You’ve got to get up early to get the turkey in the oven anyway, so set that alarm for 30 minutes earlier. Trust me. Go for a homegrown Turkey Trot! Getting moving early is going to be key to making sure you stay on track all day long. If you don’t run, try a little technique I learned in bootcamp. It’s called Bursting! Run as fast as you can for 30 seconds-1 minute. When I say as fast as you can, I want you to be bent over and so out of breath you can’t talk when you’re done. For real. Then walk for a couple of minutes. Then do it again x 6. This will get your heart rate up and keep your metabolism kicking all day long. Trust me! You’ll feel super-energized.
- When you’re cooking tomorrow don’t taste everything. You’re making the same things you’ve been making and your mom’s been making and your grandma’s been making every year, and you know it’s good. So keep your finger out of the bowl. Enlist a family member to be your taste tester instead. Kids love this job!
- And while you’re avoiding tasting every little thing, I want you to go ahead and keep a notepad handy, because I want you to write down everything you eat. Did you realize that over the course of the day, the average person can consume over 4,000 calories, yo? FOR REAL. All of those bites, licks, tastes, seconds, and extra pieces of all the pies WITH whipped cream add up. So write it down as you go, and maybe it will help keep you away from the second round of pies.
- You’ll want to keep some healthy snacks handy. A fruit and vegetable tray is a great option for snacking the day away!
- Man, I’m bossy, huh?
- After you eat, leave the dishes for a little while and get outside again. Go for a quick walk, or play some tag football with your family. You’ll be amazed at how much better you feel. This will get things moving in the digestion department, and it’s so much smarter than plopping your butt down on the couch, yo. Cuz you know that’s what you’ll want to do!
- Most of all, I want you to ENJOY your Thanksgiving. Have a little bit of all the things you love. Savor the flavors, lick your dessert plate, and then step away from the table (and from seconds). I want you to end the day feeling like you ROCKED it, and not feeling like you need to be ROLLED to the couch.
(Visited 95 times, 1 visits today)
Thirty-eight year-old wife and mom to BJ (10) and Mia (6). I’m the editor at the Sisterhood, and I really love to run (really), read, cook amazing things, and photography is my fledging passion. My motivation is motivating other people to realize they can do this whole weight-loss and exercise thing. I’m living proof!