Every year, my street hosts a Progressive Dinner. Each course is covered by two families and one of those families hosts everyone on the street.
Last night, we were in charge of hosting everyone for Soups and Salads. We needed something quick and easy to whip up for about30 people. This Crunchy Broccoli Salad definitely fits the bill.
It’s super quick and easy to make, it got some rave reviews from everyone at the dinner. I loved that it was a nice little break from the normal, everyday lettuce type salad.
Image Courtesy of Taste of Home
- 10 Servings
- Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, onions and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and sugar; drizzle over broccoli and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels and bacon. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 121 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Crunchy Broccoli Salad published in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p43
Taste of the Sisterhood is sponsored by Attune Foods!
(Visited 46 times, 1 visits today)