January 5, 2011 By lisa
Last week’s weight: 166 lbs
This week’s weight: 163.8 lbs
Loss of 2.2 lbs
OK, so that’s the business part of this check-in. Done. It’s amazing what adding exercise and eliminating all the holiday food crap can do for a positive weigh-in, isn’t it? I only have 2 more pounds to lose to get back to where I was December 1st- not too shabby in opinion.
I want to revisit my healthy living goals that I posted last week…..
My Healthy Living Goals:
- To drink a minimum of 80 oz of water on non-workout days and a minimum of 100 oz of water on workout days. This has been easy for me as I am in the habit of chugging water, my body craves it. So CHECK AND DONE!
- To eat 5 servings of fruits and veggies per day. My body just feels better when I fill it with more of the good stuff and less of the bad stuff. This has been more difficult to manage. Some days I have hit and surpassed 5 servings for the day, other days I have not. I am working on this.
- To register and compete in my third half marathon- the Austin Half Marathon on Feb 20th, 2011. I have NOT done this and I can’t quite figure out what is holding me back. Actually, I do know a little of what is holding me back- ME. I have been sick quite a bit over the last 3-4 weeks and my body has taken a beating physically from the sickies, being tired, and the holiday crazies. I am just this week getting back into my running training plan, although a stomach virus has hit me once again today. I am struggling to feel 100% better AND run at the same time and it hasn’t been working for me. Time is of essence now because the 1/2 marathon is only 6.5 weeks away. I know I can do it, but can I run the half marathon the way I want to run it given the short amount of time I have to ramp up again? I need someone to heal my body so that I feel great again and then I need someone to give me a good morale boost to convince me that I CAN DO THIS AND CAN DO IT WELL. THAT is why I haven’t registered yet- because of self doubt. Damn.
- To register, train, and compete in my first sprint triathlon (to be identified), possibly even do an Olympic triathlon as well. I have not registered yet, but right now, I have three tabs open on my laptop of triathlon races that look interesting to me. Plus, the tri season doesn’t really start until May so I have a little time.
- To make my workouts count, each and every one of them. No faking it through a workout- I want to sweat and sweat a lot. I want to push the boundaries with my physical limits and go beyond them. Check and done!
- Read a book about the “mental game” of training and competing in longer races. You guys do know that the mental game plays a HUGE role in training and competing, right? Any book suggestions? I need some more suggestions!
- To drop 10 more lbs : ). Work in progress.
The Power of One. For me, it’s the power of my mind. So many times, my mind will tell me something different than what my heart tells me that I can do. Doubt and fear play a huge role and really, I want to kick their asses to the curb once and for all……and well, these damn sick germs that seem to be invading my body over and over.