Welcome to the Burst Into Summer Weight-loss and Fitness Challenge! If you’re new, here’s what you need to know:
- We check-in every Wednesday – you must fill in the form by 9 p.m. CT to be considered for the Leaderboard on Thursday.
- This challenge is eleven weeks long. Longer than usual, so just thought we’d mention it!
- Leaderboard? Yes! Every Thursday, we post a Leaderboard with the Top 10 Shrinking Teams. The results are based on percentage of weight lost by the shrinking members of the team!
- We encourage you to blog about your weigh-in/check-in each week! If you don’t have a blog, you can join the ‘hood and blog right over there! (If you do blog, be sure to give us some link love and link back to the Sisterhood.) It’s a great way to keep track of your progress over the course of the challenge, and another way to get support in the form of comments! Link up your blog post in the comments section below!
- Speaking of support, be sure to check out the comments below and click the links to our challengers’ blog posts! One reason the Sisterhood is so awesome is that we give support in the form of comments – everyone needs a virtual high-five, or a pick-me-up sometimes!
- Be sure to Button Up – put one of our challenge badges on your blog!
- If you are on a team, support each member of your team! Keep in touch via email, Twitter, Facebook, or you can even set up a group on the ‘hood.
- If you are not on a team, you can still support your fellow challengers by following our Burst Into Summer Challengers list on Twitter, and commenting on blog posts.
- You can read more about our Current Challenge in case you have questions.
So let’s get to it. Go jump on your scales and kiss that number goodbye! You’re never going to see it again! Take a deep breath and realize that you are doing this for YOU, and you are awesome!
New Balance is sponsoring this challenge, and that means the winners will get a sweet new pair of New Balance Bootcamp Training Shoes. How sweet is that?
To be eligible to win, your team will need to check-in EACH WEEK BY 9 p.m. CENTRAL TIME. No exceptions.
Each week of Burst Into Summer, we will issue a mini-challenge – a great new healthy habit to incorporate into your lifestyle!
This week our mini-challenge is HYDRATION! Yep, drinking good old-fashioned water. It’s good for your body, your skin, your metabolism, and so many other things. You can read more about the benefits of and tips for proper hydration here!
So hop to it right now! Go fill up your water bottle and get a jump on this week’s mini-challenge. We’ll be checking in with you on Twitter and Facebook to see how you’re doing each day!
I know lots of you are eagerly anticipating our first ever Shrinking Bootcamp – a 6-week, online bootcamp you can do at home with absolutely NO equipment. Yes, it’s true – it’s you and your own resistance. This burst training bootcamp was developed by my personal trainer, Wende Leuba, ICS, CPT, and it ROCKS. I’ve been going to her bootcamp since last September, and I am amazed by how much my body has changed for the better. I am leaner, stronger, and my runs are so much easier and injury free! If you are on the fence, I highly encourage you to jump in and give it a try.
I’ll be telling you more about Shrinking Bootcamp, and Wende, on Friday.
Shrinking Bootcamp begins on Monday, June 20th!
NOTE: We are not fitness or weight-loss experts, and everyone participating in the challenge needs to consult with their physician before beginning a new weight-loss or fitness program. The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans cannot be held liable for any injuries incurred during the course of the Burst Into Summer Challenge or Shrinking Bootcamp.
(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)