I know that the weather is kind of going crazy around the country right now. It’s hot where it should be cooler and it’s cold where it should be warming up. The calendar, however, is telling me that it is time to start having picnics and potlucks.
I found this recipe several years ago on Dottie’s Weight Loss Zone. That site is a great resource for those who follow Weight Watchers, and it is especially chock full of all kinds of recipes.
This recipe is a favorite at our house. It’s quick, easy, and doesn’t require any actual cooking. That’s always a plus in my book, LOL!
- 6 cups diced apples (I used a mixture red & green, tart & sweet)
- 2 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp dark raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp nonfat or reduced-fat mayo
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp nonfat sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, celery, raisins, and walnuts, and stir to mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the sour cream, and stir to mix well.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the apple mixture, and toss to mix.
- Cover the salad and chill for 1 to 3 hours before serving.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat, Raw
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: brunch
My rating 5 stars: ★★★★★ 1 review(s)
(Visited 404 times, 1 visits today)