I have to be honest, I’m not very good at menu planning every week. The two times I have done since we started this segment at Shrinking Jeans have been awesome weeks of eating at our house. All the other weeks that I have not done it have still been yummy weeks of eating but definitely more stressful around mealtimes
because I wait to the last minute to figure out what we are having. I end up going to the grocery store more often because I don’t have what I need for that meal because I didn’t plan it out, I end up spending more money because it’s impossible for me to go into the store to just get what’s on my list, I end up wasting too much time.
The moral of the story: I need to menu plan my butt off each and every week!
- Sunday- dinner at Souper Salad, my kid’s favorite place to eat out!
- Monday- Pork Tacos, Spanish Rice, Beans, Salad
- Tuesday- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken, Buttered Noodles, Green Beans
- Wednesday- leftovers
- Thursday- Baked Chicken Parmesan, Green Salad, Garlic Bread
- Friday- leftovers
- Saturday- Mommy will be gone for the night so Daddy will have to fend for himself!
Other Lovely, Delicious Items to Make:
- Coconut Banana Bread- the absolute bomb! This was so good the first time I made it- I wish I had made TWO loaves. The kids loved it, too and they aren’t even big fans of coconut. I did substitute 1/4 cup applesauce + 1/4 cup canola oil for the 1/2 cup oil; otherwise, I followed the recipe as is.
- Cookies and Creak Shake– another winner from weight Watchers.
- Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
- French Onion Soup– I’m pretty sure my kids won’t eat this so it will have to be something I make for myself, maybe at lunchtime.
Whew, I did it- I menu planned my butt off and lived to tell about it- woot woot! I hope ya’ll have a fabulous week. Make sure to share to the link to your weekly menu plan in the comments section below.
(Visited 18 times, 1 visits today)