January 4, 2012 By Christy
I’m not really thrilled with this assignment because it requires me to sit down and make plans for the future. Plans that I can’t just make up! If I say it, I must live it, or at least try really hard!
Okay, here goes:
My short term goals for this challenge are:
- I want to lose 8 pounds during this challenge, and I will follow Weight Watchers to a T, even if I go over my points. I won’t pretend I didn’t and ‘forget’ to log them!
- Workout more. I want to mix it up with moderate and vigorous workouts. I really think getting some vigorous cardio is absolutely necessary to losing weight. I will start looking for more cardio options by way of online streaming videos and the DVDs I already have at home.
- Run more. This would be the vigorous workout I speak of. I need to make running a priority and find a way to fit it in. It’s hard with wee ones at home and no one to watch them so you can actually escape for a run. So I’m still figuring out the logistics on this one….
- Drink at least 80 ounces of water everyday. This is key!!
My long-term goals look very similar but aren’t as broad.
- Run at least 2 1/2 marathons this year. Most likely one of them will be the Zooma Austin Women’s 1/2 Marathon, but of course that means I should be training RIGHT NOW, and I’m kinda sorta not. Hmph. I also want to run a race in the fall.
- Get down to my goal weight (but first I need to refigure what that weight is!). I will continue on Weight Watchers and regular exercise until I reach this goal! And after I reach my goal, I will not gain the weight back!
- Follow through with the 52 Small Changes Project. I think I will benefit more from that than anything else.
- I want to stay on top of things. House cleaning, de-cluttering, laundry, the kids stuff, my stuff, everything! I struggle with motivation, and I think scheduling things on the calendar will help me stay on top of them!
I think that’s it! 4 short term and 4 long term goals. Seems doable, not overwhelming, very feasible!