Why hello there! How are you this fine Tuesday morning? It’s that day where we become our own cheerleader…shout our victories from the rooftops…it’s Toot Your Horn Tuesday!
Now, you may be a little down in the dumps and saying ‘But Heather, I have NOTHING to toot about.’ To that I say…poppycock! Yes, I said POPPYCOCK. In fact, I am going to dig deep and come up with five toots today, and I urge you to do the same. Ready? Here we go:
1) I totally did not want to go to Weight Watchers last weekend cause I knew I’d gained weight. And lo and behold, I was right. But I still went. It was necessary and I’m back on the wagon, for the eleventy billionth time. I know it works and I just need to get my head back in the game. So my toot here is obviously not the weight gain, but facing the doom on the scale for the greater good.
2) Two weeks ago, I ran my first post-baby 10k. When I say post-baby, I should say post-toddler, cause she’s 18 months old. Anyhow, I did it. I wasn’t fast by any means, but I finished. Not only that, I set a goal for myself and beat it by a few minutes. It felt amazing to cross the finish line. It was pouring down rain and I didn’t care…plus they had soup at the finish line. BONUS! I love soup.
3) I used the word poppycock in this post, three times now. Personally, I think that’s fantastic. I love working odd words into everyday life. We have an amazing lexicon, why not use it to it’s fullest?
4) Unfortunately, when I get busy or overwhelmed, the first thing I neglect is my grooming. My daily beauty routine gets whittled down to toothbrushing, face washing and throwing my hair back into a mom-bun (the ponytail/bun hybrid). Let’s not even talk about leg shaving. But last week I painted my nails! I mean, really painted my nails – filing, base coat, two coats of color and a top coat. It lasted about two days, but hey! It was fun looking at pretty nails for a couple of days!
5) I have not eaten fast food this month. Yes, we’re only a couple of weeks in, but hey, it’s something! I had fallen into a horrible habit of hitting the drive through when I’m tired. Now I’m focusing on using my slow cooker more and prepping meals as much as possible in the morning. That way, I don’t have to think about what to make for dinner when 5 pm rolls around.
That’s me! I dug up FIVE things to toot about, and now it’s your turn. I double dog dare you. I promise, if you can sit down and write five positives, your day will be loads better. Get your toot on in the comments!
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)