Everyone sing it with me now – “School’s out for summerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!” True, summer does not have that same freedom it had when we were all kids and it meant three months off from life. But it is still a great time of year to get outside a bit more (who doesn’t need that?!) and explore your surroundings. These five apps can help you do just that.
1. Fresh Food Finder: This app, available for free for iPhone and Droid users, will help you find nearby farmers markets. You search by city, state or zip code and it leads you to the freshest fruits and veggies of the season. This is especially handy for those times when you are on vacation and really have no clue that a farmers market could be a mere four blocks away from your beach cottage rental or hotel.
2. Walkable Restaurants: The name says it all. Hankering for sushi after a day of sight seeing? Enter in your choice of cuisine and your location and the app will point you toward several restaurants in your area. A great way to build added steps into your day if you are trying to reach your 10,000 steps a day!
3. Oh, Ranger!ParkFinder : Locates state and national parks. Searchable database by activity and location.
4. Gym Finder: You know vacation does not mean a vacation from your workouts, right?
5. SPF – A nasty sunburn is a quick buzz kill to any idea of fun in the summer. Don’t let it happen to you. This app will help you determine which SPF to use and how much time you can “work on your tan” before you need to cover up.
Have you discovered any new apps lately that you are looking forward to trying out this summer?
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)