Are you ready?
Excited? Nervous? Dreading it? Ready or not, here it comes.
That’s right. The Couch-to-5k program starts TOMORROW!
It’s time to dig within yourself and awaken your inner walking or running beast. Take it one day at a time, putting one foot in front of the other. I know, it’s WAY easier said than done. But we here at The Sisterhood are here to help and guide you because WE KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!
While we are here for you every step of the way, there are a few things you can do along the way to prepare and help yourself out as well:
- Make sure you have the proper attire. No flip flops or stilettos here. Make sure you have a good pair of shoes (and socks of course).
- Hydrate. You’re body will feel better and recover from your workouts faster by drinking enough water.
- Eat right. That goes without saying.
- Get plenty of rest. This will help you feel more energized…and actually have more energy!
- Stretch!!! Warm ups and cool downs are also important. Protect those muscles.
- Celebrate your victories. No matter how small, they are something to be recognized.
- Rest days are important. Your body and muscles recover during rest days, ultimately becoming stronger and increasing endurance.
- Don’t get discouraged. If the idea of a 5K is overwhelming right now, set small goals. Reach those first. If thinking about crossing the ‘finish line’ of your 5K, let that be your motivation.
- Join the Facebook group. This will be a ‘closed’ group. This will also be a great place to find camaraderie and discuss your progress, as well as any concerns you may have.
- There will be ups and downs. You have to take the bad with the good. But the good is and will be really, really, really good.
- Come up with your own mantra. This helps me when I feel like I can’t push any further. I say it over and over again in my head. My personal one is “Strong Body. Strong Mind.”
- Find Your Motivation. Whatever it may be.
- Have fun! (…yes sweating is fun!)
If this is your first attempt ever at something like this, I applaud you! If this is something you’ve done before and are doing again, I applaud you, too!
You’ve got it in you. We know this. It’s time you discovered it for yourself. You can take on this challenge and you can overcome it.
Let us know if you have questions, comments, or concerns. Along the way, talk to us about your frustrations and victories. You won’t be alone.
Sound off in the comments: How are you feeling about the C25K challenge?
(Visited 169 times, 5 visits today)