Today is the last day of 2013! Are you feeling a little nostalgic or ready to jump right into a 2014 weight loss challenge? Well, hold your horses just a second! Each year we set goals, create resolutions, and make big plans for the new year, but we fail to properly take stock of what went down the year before. I know I’m guilty of trying to brush all of lasts year’s stuff under the rug because: OMG LOOK! It’s a brand new shiny year!
Before you jump feet first into a brand new shiny year (and our awesome new challenge that just happens to start tomorrow), let’s take a few moments to stop and embrace 2013. CELEBRATE your successes and acknowledge the challenges you’ve faced. We’re going to have a 2013 Farewell Party, and it’s going to happen right now! Oh, don’t worry, you don’t need to get dressed up or bring a covered dish. You probably have everything you need within arms reach. Grab a sheet of paper and a pen, or your journal, or the back side of that envelope sitting on the counter will do nicely. Or you could even blog it!
I want you to answer these questions in regards to your healthy living journey. Keep your answers short! Think Twitter short – 140 characters. If you’d like to leave your answers in the comment section below, I’d love to see what you have to say!
- What did you accomplish in 2013 that you’re proud of?
- What didn’t work for you in 2013?
- What made you happy in 2013?
- What was your biggest challenge in 2013?
- What happened that you need to let go of?
Why is it important to say farewell to 2013? Without taking stock of everything that happened in 2013, it’s hard to plan and set new goals for 2014. Without acknowledging everything you did or didn’t do, what you rocked and what sucked, HOW will you move forward and GROW? You don’t want live your life like Groundhog Day, right? NO! You want to step into 2014 fully aware of the affect 2013 had on you: body, mind, and soul. You want to ROCK 2014.
So bid farewell to 2013. Celebrate it. Own it. And then RELEASE it. You’re going to go places in 2014! I promise!
Here are my answers:
- What did you accomplish in 2013 that you’re proud of? I really cleaned up my diet, and discovered that I felt so much better when I cut back on sugar and wheat.
- What didn’t work for you in 2013? Dieting didn’t work for me in 2013. I tried to maintain, but ended up gaining, and then I tried to lose weight, but my heart just wasn’t in it.
- What made you happy in 2013? Strength training made me happy! Cardio is great, but nothing beats lifting some weights and getting strong. I really saw a difference in body, even though I didn’t lose any weight.
- What was your biggest challenge in 2013? Finding time to run. I started homeschooling my kids, so the ‘free’ time I had went away completely. I tried sneaking in runs here and there, but without consistency, I sort of lost my drive.
- What happened that you need to let go of? Losing my running endurance. I used to be able to run 5+ miles, and now it’s a struggle to get in a couple of miles. I’ve really been beating myself up, and what I need to do is find a way to make running happen again. I also gained some weight, and I need to get over it and get back on track. Feeling sorry for myself is not doing me any good!
That’s it for now! Join us, right here, tomorrow for our New Year’s Weight Loss Boot Camp Challenge kickoff post! #WLBootcamp
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)