I called this Thursday Thoughts but really, it’s just a stream of consciousness straight from my head to my fingertips. With my three kids out for the Summer, we are keeping busy with swimming, visiting with friends, a few camps and also, that small thing called a JOB for me! My brain spins and twirls and whirls with one million thoughts from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep. Here is but a snippet of those thoughts.
1. On August 24th, I officially start training for my first marathon in February 2015. Holy crap!
2. I am finding it difficult to carve out time to exercise and run this Summer with my 3 kids at home and squeezing in time for my part time job.
3. I tried a Piyo class for the first time today. Pilates + Yoga = Piyo. Actually it was on YouTube because I couldn’t find time to go to the gym, ha ha. It was much harder than I thought and I was dripping sweat much to my surprise. I couldn’t even make it through 50 minutes – I stopped at 40 minutes!
4. Have you read any good books lately? What?
5. I need a haircut in a bad way.
6. Also, I need to do some searches on this site and the Shrinking Kitchen site to find some lighter cocktail beverage options. We do a lot of socializing in the summer and alcohol is full of calories!
7. New Balance is sending me a new pair of running shoes to review. I am so excited and hopeful that they will be the bomb.
8. I love summertime rain minus the humidity.
9. Shockingly, I am getting acclimated to run in 75-85 degree weather. Last Summer I suffered through my runs but dare I say it- I am actually enjoying all the sweat that comes with running in 85 degree weather!
10. Am I the only one wishing I was attending Fitbloggin but not attending?!
11. Anyone doing the Chasing the Sun Virtual Race? I received my race package yesterday and I ADORE the shirt and medal- too cute!!!! I cannot wait to run my 5K, wear my shirt and don my medal.
What about you? What are YOUR Thursday Thoughts? C’mon, share with me- give me something to read!