Posted by lisa on February 6, 2009
This post is more of a note to myself than anything else. I wanted to write down everything I ate for Thursday. Writing down what goes in my mouth really makes me feel more accountable for my actions. Over time, I think I will see a pattern to my eating habits. I am going to try and do this for the time-being until I can get my eating under control. I will post a few times a week with my “menu” and you can guys can peek inside as to what is going in my mouth. Nourishment and truly necessary or pure junk?!!!!!
- 1 serving of strawberry shredded wheat with 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups of coffee with skim milk and splenda
- salad with oil and vinegar dressing
- Lean Cuisine Chicken a la Orange
- 1/2 cup Honey Hut Chex Mix
- Key Lime Ribs (one large rib)
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 oatmeal chocolate chip cookie
- 2 WW choc peanut butter frozen cookie
- 1/2 cup trail mix
- bag of light butter popcorn (yeah, I ate the WHOLE bag)
Anaylsis of my daily eating
- I do really well with watching what I eat during the day.
- However, after the kids are in bed for the night, my desire to “snack” comes out with a vengenance.
- My “food discipline” is at it’s lowest from 8pm-11pm.
- I need to up my veggies/fruit intake, as well as dairy.
- I need to count servings of dairy, fruit/veggies AND water intake.
- I think I need to increase my breakfast foods and maybe give myself a breakfast snack. I have heard that if you have a good, nice healthy breakfast (in my case, a little more food), than you won’t be as hungry throughout the day. Has anyone heard of this before? I’m not a big breakfast person but I think this might be key for me. I also think it plays a role in how well my nursing sessions go for the day.