June 1, 2011 By thea
Yeah, so… May kind of came and went and I felt like it may have trampled me a little bit.
I definitely fizzled out there towards the end of the challenge, and that’s kind of normal for me. I wish it weren’t so, but that’s the way it is.
I weighed in this morning at 157, which puts me at 16 weeks out of 22 for the year that I’ve stayed in my healthy range. And the 6 weeks I wasn’t in range weren’t horribly off target. I’m kind of digging this year. I’m definitely feeling more in control and less a slave to the scale. ‘Tis a nice feeling.
Now, for this challenge in particular, I didn’t do too horribly. Let’s look at the bullet points, shall we?
- Be able to do 10 push ups from my toes – Yep. I can do it. And I can do more than 10. So take THAT, goal!
- My head will hit the pillow by 11pm during the week and by 12am on weekends. – I suck at going to bed early. The end.
- Get in one swim workout a week – I got two swims in this month. 50%. Hurrah for mediocrity!
May 18, 2011 By thea
I’m not sure how I maintained this week, because “good choices” was definitely NOT my mantra this week. More like “indulgence” and “binging” and “sleep deprivation”.
And now I’m sick. Which just makes me want to indulge and binge that much more. Hellllooooo, pity party!
On tho the goals…
- Be able to do 10 push ups from my toes – Today is my last day of Week 2. I took a few days off, but I think I’m back on track now. Or something.
- My head will hit the pillow by 11pm during the week and by 12am on weekends. – So. Did. Not. Happen. Not one single day. Which is why I feel exhausted and sick now. Good plan.
- Get in one swim workout a week – I did a swim last Wednesday. And that’s it.
UGH! I’m so not on tap with this challenge! I’m not sure what my mental break is for, but I need to get back into it before I go too much further down the Slippery Slope of Complacency!!
May 11, 2011 By thea
I have to keep it short and sweet today, ’cause I’m on the GO! Not a horrible week, but definitely room for improvement.
But nobody’s perfect, right?
I maintained last week, which puts me at maintenance for the 14 of the last 19 weeks. WOOT! I can’t even begin to tell you how AMAZING it feels to hit a groove.
On to the goals…
- Be able to do 10 push ups from my toes – I’m done with Week 1 of the 100 Push Ups challenge, and it is TOUGH to do toe push ups. I’m going to keep on keeping on, though.
- My head will hit the pillow by 11pm during the week and by 12am on weekends. – I’m calling this one a wash. I was successful 4 out of 7 days. My husband is out of town and I always go to bed super late when he’s gone. So I didn’t get to bed until between 11:30 and 12:00 on a couple of school nights. But even that is a huge improvement, because when he’s gone I typically stay up until 1am…sometimes even 2am.
- Get in one swim workout a week – This one didn’t happen last week, but I’ve got my gear all laid out to go today and I’m headed out as soon as I hit “publish”. I’m gonna get this done! Let’s do a little cheer that my swimsuit even still fits, yo. It’s been a long time. I went once in February, and then it was October of 2010 before that. Oy. That’s bad.
May 5, 2011 By thea
I’m a little behind with the May Your Way challenge, but that’s how I roll. Sometimes, sometimes gotta give and unfortunately blogging seems to be the thing that gets left behind.
But I am keeping up with all my healthy living type stuff (even if I’m not blogging about it) and I’m happy to report that I was in my weight range goal (153 – 157) BEFORE I left for the cruise, AFTER I got back, and am still in it this week. I’m going to make the giant leap to say that I was in range DURING the cruise, which brings me to the current total of 13 of the last 19 weeks have been in goal range.
WOOT!! Who maintains weight on vacation? I DO!
Which brings us to May.
I’m not sure how many other Maintainers out there have this problem, but I find one of the biggest challenges of being at goal weight is finding NEW goals to strive for. It seems like everything’s been done and I sound like a broken record. That’s honestly one of the reasons I hadn’t blogged goals for May Your Way yet…I couldn’t think of any.
But I buckled down, thought about what I wanted out of this month, and came up with three things:
- Be able to do 10 push ups from my toes – While I’ve done the 100 Push Up challenge before, I chose not to participate during the last challenge. It was in the back of my mind though, so when I heard that April and Bari were giving it a go starting this week, I jumped on board with them.
- My head will hit the pillow by 11pm during the week and by 12am on weekends. – I had been doing so well with this several months back but then I got out of the habit and never picked it back up again. I NEED SLEEP!
- Get in one swim workout a week – I’m having problems with my knee again, so I need a way to keep moving. Plus, official triathlon training starts at the end of the month (or is it the beginning of June – I should check on that) so I need to get back in the habit NOW of hauling my arse to the gym.
So that’s it for me. Better late than never, right??